Membrane tanks are non-self-supported cargo tanks surrounded by a complete double hull ship structure.
Definitions of Gross and Net tonnage and the difference between them.
The "block coefficient" of a ship at any particular draft is the ratio of the volume of displacement at that draft to the volume of a rectangular block having the same overall length, breadth, and depth.
As a ship captain, one of the important factors to consider might be the English proficiency of his team. Do not underestimate the existence of substandard officers being employed in a modern fleet.
- Deck Officer Jobs (65)
- Deck Rating Jobs (56)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (98)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (42)
- Catering Rating Jobs (43)
- Specialist Jobs (5)
- Other Maritime Jobs (32)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (35)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (2)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (8)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (11)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (5)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (5)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (2)
- Offshore Jobs (22)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (1)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (2)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (2)
- Other Offshore Jobs (17)