Technical Manager (Service Delivery)
Reporting to the Head of Technical Services you will provide professional support on all technical matters. The Technical Manager will work closely with both shore-based and vessel based management teams, as well as with external ferry regulators, in particular the MCA and Lloyds register. The role will also focus on the service delivery side of the business in conjunction with the Service Delivery department dealing with the day to day running of the vessels in your area of responsibility.
The Successful Applicant
- Hold an STCW III/2 Chief Engineer (no limitations).
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of competence in all aspects of technical management.
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to foster close working relationships both internally and with external ferry regulators.
- Have worked effectively in an environment which requires excellence in safety, operations and customer service.
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with strong leadership, influencing and collaborative working skills.
- Ability to communicate well
- Ability to build relationships and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with the vessels to verify that the routine and unplanned maintenance is recorded effectively, and any outstanding items are followed up
- Manage the vessel defect reporting system, responding to defects in a timely manner and assist the vessel to close out defects as required
- Share relevant information on technical issues with other affected vessels within the fleet with a view of identifying common issues, trends and adopting preventative maintenance action
- Work closely with the vessels to prevent break downs and minimise the effect to the vessel and the larger network
- Provide consistent liaison & open communication between shore based Asset Management team and vessels on technical policies, budget control, technical issues and projects
- Support the production of technical budgets for vessels and assist with controlling technical costs in line with the agreed running repairs budget
- Working closely with Asset Management, other internal departments to promote and resolve technical related issues on the fleet including the production/support of management reports & meeting attendance
- Liaise with the HSQE department to effectively respond to the vessels management meetings including technical issues raised via Safety Committee Meeting Minutes.
- Liaise with all departments to effectively respond to the vessels EOTR (End of Trip Report) with regards to any technical matters raised.
- Liaise with all departments to effectively respond to the vessels OMM (On board Management Meeting) with regards to technical matters raised.
- Assist as required during the course of any accident, incident, investigations and outputs from MAIB reports
- Carry out annual technical inspections for relevant vessels
- Support the production of overhaul specifications, planning & preparation and attendance at overhauls or emergency dockings as requested
- Ensuring all necessary documentation and equipment required for relevant vessels are maintained and comply with relevant legislation.
- Ensuring the relevant vessels comply with the Company Operations Manuals, work instructions and fleet circulars.
- Support the Service Delivery team with the recruitment, training & development, performance appraisals/management and promotion of onboard engineering staff
- To provide input as a subject matter expert on projects within the Asset Management Directorate as requested
Remuneration Package on Offer
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Deck Officer Jobs (43)
- Deck Rating Jobs (19)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (52)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (6)
- Catering Rating Jobs (15)
- Specialist Jobs (2)
- Other Maritime Jobs (42)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (29)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (1)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (5)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (15)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (1)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (0)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (7)
- Offshore Jobs (41)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (1)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (2)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (1)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (6)
- Other Offshore Jobs (28)