Marine Superintendent - Chemical Tankers
Our marine client in Glasgow currently requires a Marine Superintendent to assist with the management of 6 Chemical Tankers operating across the Globe. As a Marine Superintendent, you will be responsible for ensuring that vessels meet the standards and criteria required by Company, Customer, Class and Statutory regulations and to ensure that Company vessels are operated by personnel in a safe, efficient and economical manner and in full compliance with such requirements and regulations.
About Our Client
Our client operates in several different markets within the shipping industry on a global scale. They have offices in Scandinavia and the UK.
The Successful Applicant
- The preferred candidate will hold STCW Reg. II/2 Master (Unlimited) Certificate of Competency, or equivalence with relevant additional vocational qualifications, however Chief Officer Unlimited Certificate of Competency will be considered.
- Proven seagoing experience in Command (preferably as Master Mariner) is essential.
- Ideally candidates will have experience in a similar position working with Chemical Tankers.
- Excellent communication and Stakeholder management skills.
- Proactive with an excellent attitude.
The successful candidate will be in charge and responsible for the following:
- Vessel compliance with company SMS, new regulations and Class requirements
- Vetting and oil major matters
- Audits, PSC, USCG and Flag State matters
- Maintaining Response Plans and TMSA
- All security matters
- Preparation of Fleet Safety Bulletins
- Reporting incidents and subsequent investigations to oil major vetting departments.
- Responsible for Navigation Standards
- Planning ship visits as per company requirements (min 3 per vessel per annum)
- Have a working knowledge of PMS and Shipnet
- Responsible for ECDIS licensing and renewal
- Responsible for issuing authorisation for implementation of changes. (Management of Change)
- Responsible for gathering information for process of insurance claims
- Responsible to Managing Director
- Responsible for ensuring the SMS is up to date and that supporting procedures and instructions cover all activities that you have responsibility for.
Remuneration Package on Offer
A competitive salary, a benefits package including contributory pension, excellent working conditions and the opportunity to further your career within a supportive environment.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Deck Officer Jobs (35)
- Deck Rating Jobs (15)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (56)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (3)
- Catering Rating Jobs (12)
- Specialist Jobs (0)
- Other Maritime Jobs (53)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (30)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (3)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (7)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (13)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (1)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (0)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (4)
- Offshore Jobs (8)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (1)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (3)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (4)
- Other Offshore Jobs (0)