Tug Master – London
- Posted by:
- Navis Consulting
- Master / SDPO Jobs
- Vessel type:
- Drill Ship / Offshore Platforms / Oil Exploration
- March 23, 2023
I am looking for a Tug Master in London. This is a permanent position with a 2 weeks’ on/off rotation.
The Tug Master presides over the crew and in this role, you are responsible for adequate management of the tug and its crew, ensuring safe and optimal towage services, both in port and at sea, to contribute to the commercial and operational goals of the company.
The Tug Master manages, executes, and monitors the maintenance of the vessel, ensuring that the vessel is in compliance with Class, Flag State, HSE-Q, and other compulsory regulations & operational requirements in a safe, effective and cost-efficient manner. Furthermore, you will ensure that spare parts, consumables, and inspections are planned and ordered on time.
The Tug Master reports hierarchical to the Operations Manager in the area and functional to the local Superintendent.
- Responsible for the safe navigation, manoeuvring and mooring of the tug
- Ensure towing services are performed safe and efficiently
- Coach, train, evaluate and guide the tug crew and ensure tasks and duties are understood
- Manage the tug in such a way that it is maintained well, and a pleasant work environment is created
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, pilots, port authorities and other third parties, communicate effectively to ensure the company is considered a trustworthy and reliable service provider
- Ensure accurate ship administration (planned maintenance system) and (monthly) reporting
- Ensure the tug and its operations comply with company, flag state and legal requirements and all necessary certificates are up to date and complete
- Report unsafe situations and actions to contribute to increased safety and awareness
- Perform safety drills on a regular basis
- Education/certificates: Nautical school
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience working on a tug, local port knowledge of London
- Certificate Master, in line with the designated vessel and its operational area
- Valid medical and training certificates, in compliance with flag state requirements
- Team player and motivator
- Flexible attitude
- Taking initiative: taking action, rather than waiting passively to see what happens
- Find practical solutions for problems
- Adaptability: responds immediately and adequately to unexpected and urgent matters
- Professional attitude: actively focusing on and achieving or exceeding results
- Communicational skills: effectively transferring thoughts and expressing ideas to individuals or groups both written and verbally.
What the company can offer:
- A dynamic career with the global market leading towage provider
- Attractive terms and conditions
- Working within a small team in the UK
- Enthusiastic, motivated, and passionate colleagues
- An interesting job environment in the ports of the UK
Applicants must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
For more information, please contact hidden link - please login or apply today if you have the required experience.
Navis Consulting; keeping your career on course.
Navis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
The post Tug Master – London appeared first on Navis Consulting.
- Deck Officer Jobs (107)
- Deck Rating Jobs (23)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (134)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (15)
- Catering Rating Jobs (29)
- Specialist Jobs (2)
- Other Maritime Jobs (90)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (39)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (2)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (4)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (16)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (7)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (6)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (1)
- Offshore Jobs (18)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (1)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (1)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (3)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (4)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (3)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (0)
- Other Offshore Jobs (0)
Share this page: