Activity Manager (Cruise) – Worldwide
A luxurious, small cruise line is seeking an Activity Manager to join the team onboard.
This position will coordinate the onboard and shore side activities and entertainment to ensure guest satisfaction, repeat business and revenue targets set forth from management.
This position is a mixture of Cruise Director and Shore Excursions in one.
- Compile detailed voyage programs within the parameters of itinerary, ground operation planning and guidelines of the Hotel Operations Manual.
- Standby for embarkation and ensure musicians are playing
- Meet or exceed the Land Adventure budget as set by management.
- Ensure Quality Control with guides, transportations, meals, etc…
- Compile a Power Point Presentation (for all voyages) as an introduction to the ports of call but more importantly to help the sales onboard
- Make certain the presentation is playing on the TV channel as well as at the concierge desk – update mid voyage if necessary.
- Be very familiar with the destinations and assist the Concierge and the team with valuable information on a daily basis.
- Locate and acquire local maps whenever possible.
- Arrange a local destination concierge / hostess whenever possible – considering budget limitations
- Hold daily meetings with the concierge / test each other’s port knowledge
- Explore independently, research, ask local agents / operators for info / suggestions.
- Prepare the Brochures and Sign-up sheets ensuring a professional approach and adhering to the formatting guidelines.
- Kindly double check rates from the master spreadsheets as well as the website.
- Offer Hikes, Bike rides, Casual walks, Port explorations, Chef’s Walk, etc..
- Daily Port Talks
- General overview for the next day’s port
- Info for independent exploration, Currency, arrival and departure – tendering, Water sports times, Highlights – must sees, Advise what’s happening after dinner – soft selling, Casino Open, Boutique, Dessert Extravaganza, Disco, Movie under the stars, concert, Piano bar etc…
- Supervise and/or assist with the compilation of the Daily Program – with special attention to detail to the final formatting and promotional presentation.
- Coordination of the Pianist, Guitarist, Casino Mgr. and Boutique Manager within the parameters of the assigned duties as a recognized member of the onboard Activities Team.
- Maintain Inventories and update as necessary within the budget parameters such as Library Books, Magazines, DVD/CD, Water Sports Equipment, Audio / Video / Musical / Entertainment), Golf Equipment
- Distribution of Music CD’s / I-pod playlists in conjunction with programmed themes – DVD presentations.
- Ensure appropriate / themed music is available for each bar
- Golf Simulator orientation / tournament administration
- Water sports – active member of water sports operations.
- Complete operations within strict parameters respecting the safety of all guests and assigned colleagues. Inventory and logging of equipment in respect of safety and USPH standard hygiene.
- Ensure the marina is properly staffed
- Acting Concierge – in the acceptance of guest reservation requests; private car/chauffeur arrangements/dining recommendations/reservations.
- Compilation and co-ordination of guest disembarkation procedures and services.
- Send the debarkation form to the staterooms on the 2nd/3rd night of the voyage.
- Collect the information and send to the appropriate agent no later than 48 hours prior to debarkation (72 hours CIV). Check back with the agent that all is in order.
- Asst. Purser to send debarkation letters and coloured baggage tags to guests at Noon on the last day of the voyage. Liaise with charter incentive staff, if necessary
- Assist guests with disembarkation, i.e. taxis, private cars, other transport.
- Assist the Purser in the terminal/Main Salon with Customs and immigrations procedures if required.
- Arrange local entertainment with local operators within the parameters and budgets outline by management.
- Ensure the Piano is tuned periodically, after dry docking, after transatlantic voyages, as required
- Sr. Management team to recruit a crew choir for singing Christmas carols in the Main Salon at cocktail hour on Christmas Day. Attempt to recruit from each department. Several rehearsals may be necessary.
- Ensure the all Audio / Video equipment is working properly and advise through proper channels if this is not the case – AVO, Communication Officer, Chief Engineer
- Compile End of Voyage reports
- Experience on cruise or yachts in a shore excursion role that has included activities around such as water sports
- High level of the English language
- STCW Basic Safety Training, Crowd Management and Security Awareness certificates
- Valid C1/D Visa
- Vaccinated for Covid
- Available immediately
- Small cruise/yacht experience will be beneficial
- Salary plus commission
- Single cabin with large window
If you have the required experience and are available immediately, then please apply today or email hidden link - please login
Navis Consulting; keeping your career on course.
Navis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
The post Activity Manager (Cruise) – Worldwide appeared first on Navis Consulting.
- Deck Officer Jobs (116)
- Deck Rating Jobs (46)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (114)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (52)
- Catering Rating Jobs (37)
- Specialist Jobs (17)
- Other Maritime Jobs (65)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (32)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (0)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (4)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (16)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (6)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (3)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (2)
- Offshore Jobs (7)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (1)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (1)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (2)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (2)
- Other Offshore Jobs (0)