Communications & Marketing Advisor (HR21102)
Supports in the initiation, development, coordination and monitoring of assigned communication and marketing activities, in line with Group and Business Line policies and standards.
Internal Communications & Marketing
- Support the Communications & Marketing Manager to implement effective plans for internal engagement in line with regional and corporate strategies. Including:
- Develop and distribute employee communications, in line with regional and global procedures.
- Maintenance of the Stork Connect intranet sites; development and posting of news articles, sharing of materials, employee engagement campaigns and events calendars.
- Support the delivery of staff engagement activities including town halls, corporate social responsibility initiatives, HSEQ campaigns and management meetings.
- Raise the profile of our employee and HSEQ engagement platforms; DRIVE and Safer Together.
- Support the development and maintenance of internal communications channels, ensuring our people are well informed and engaged with the organisation.
- Proactively search for new communication tools and methods, ensuring the highest standards of engagement are applied to all levels of the organisation.
- Support the Communications & Marketing Manager to promote a dynamic understanding of Stork’s profile, products, services and innovations internally, including lunch and learn sessions.
- Support the Manager to implement marketing campaigns internally using effective communication platforms.
External Communications & Marketing
- Support the Communications & Marketing Manager to develop and maintain external communications strategies, channels, opportunities, media contacts and industry bodies ensuring our clients, the industry and wider community are well informed and engaged with the organisation.
- Develop, maintain and implement an annual forward features plan including sourcing targeted industry media and local trade media, working with operational departments to develop technical editorials.
- Develop and maintain the annual industry awards plan including writing and submitting nominations.
- When requested by the Communications & Marketing Manager, generate and implement Social Media activities in alignment with our corporate approvals process.
- Support the Communications & Marketing Manager to develop close working relationships with all organisational business units, to maximise understanding of client requirements and marketing support required.
- Support the Communications & Marketing Manager to develop and maintain Stork’s suite of marketing materials.
- Assist in the maintenance of the regional section of the Company website.
- Support the planning, scheduling, implementation and evaluation of marketing campaigns using a variety of platforms.
- Aid in the management of events as directed by Communications & Marketing Manager.
- Source and develop advertising opportunities, support in the production of adverts working with a Graphic & Multi-Media Designer and/or external agency.
- Arrange and develop the delivery of filming and photography sessions to support materials including proposals, Safer Together, DRIVE, marketing, promotional and workforce engagement videos and imagery.
- Gain knowledge of Emergency Response (ER) requirements/procedures and support the Communications & Marketing Manager with the development and maintenance of the Media ER Plan in conjunction with the HSEQ function.
Networking & Relationship Management
- Build and maintain your own network of internal and external stakeholders that support and enrich the relationship Stork has with other organisations, wider industries and the media.
At Stork, we attach great value to the key competences of our employees. We expect you always give safety the highest priority and that you are strongly working together with others. You are a specialist in your area of expertise and you have a proactive and entrepreneurial attitude.
Specific Requirements for the Communications & Marketing Advisor:
- Higher Vocational with a degree in communication or Marketing
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Ability to work within a fast paced, collaborative, team orientated environment.
- Has experience in developing and managing effective communication channels.
- Very organised, detail oriented, able to manage multiple projects with accuracy.
- Offers creativity and an innovative approach to your work.
- Excellent verbal and adaptive written communication skills, with the ability to synthesise technical information for a variety of audiences.
- Offers a good level of diplomacy and a flexible approach to your work.
- Computer proficiency is required, with an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Windows operating systems.
- Have a strong understanding of visuals, design and brand, possesses a solid track record in using marketing tools/platforms, including social media, and be comfortable using Adobe Creative Cloud products (primarily InDesign and Photoshop).
- Full driving license is essential.
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Experience and understanding of the energy sector would be advantageous, but is not essential.
- High degree of strategic marketing communications capability; from concept through to project implementation.
- Experience in conducting filming and photography sessions.
- Media and emergency response knowledge and experience.
Professional / Personal Competence
- Operating within standardized practices and procedures, general work instructions and supervision of progress and results.
- Works within detailed standard practices and instructions and/or with immediately available assistance or examples.
We understand that our people are key to achieving Stork’s ambition to be the Industry reference every day, everywhere and we are proud to have been awarded the Investors in People Gold standard in recognition of our strong employee engagement focus.
There are many great reasons to work at Stork –
In order to attract and retain skilled, competent and customer focused people we offer a competitive and extensive benefits package providing a suite of both contractual and voluntary benefits including access to corporate discounts. Employee benefits will depend on work location and role, however, may include life assurance, income protection, and private medical insurance.
In addition we recognize the importance of providing flexibility to our employees and offer a Flexi Friday working arrangement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave.
Location: Dyce, Aberdeen
Hours: 40 hours per week
Contract: Fixed Term – 18 Months
Stork, a Fluor company, is an expert provider of maintenance, modification and asset integrity services to the global oil and gas, chemicals and process, metals and mining, power, and manufacturing industries. We are dedicated to improving asset performance, safety and cost efficiency for our Clients throughout the complete asset life cycle.
With a team of 19,000 employees in over 100 countries, we serve more than 4,000 Clients across 6 continents.
Stork is dedicated to reducing risk, assuring safety and reducing environment impact through our award-winning value driven HSEQ platform; Safer together Whilst safety will always remain our core value, the platform not only communicates on Safety but also on Health, Environmental and Quality issues too. We are committed to our transparent, employee-led approach to HSEQ
One Team, One Stork
As one Stork, we treat all people with dignity, respect each other’s perspective and share knowledge and resources to achieve excellence, deliver value and grow individually and collectively.
We are fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and value the difference that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation. Stork recognises that providing equality of opportunity, valuing diversity and promoting a culture of inclusion and flexibility to our employees is vital to our success.
From school leavers and university graduates to transitioning military veterans, we provide career opportunities with targeted development programmes.
Going above and beyond for our wider community
- Stork is dedicated to ensuring we are a socially and environmentally responsible employer and undertake a range of activities to give back and support the communities in which we live and work – from various charity work to working with schools as part of Developing Young Workforce.
- Deck Officer Jobs (101)
- Deck Rating Jobs (58)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (105)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (30)
- Catering Rating Jobs (50)
- Specialist Jobs (3)
- Other Maritime Jobs (20)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (45)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (2)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (11)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (12)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (4)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (6)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (5)
- Offshore Jobs (29)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (1)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (0)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (2)
- Other Offshore Jobs (23)