We are looking for a 2nd engineer/crew member to join the crew of the MS Oldenburg, Lundy's supply and passenger ship. This is not a live onboard position so you will need to be based in the North Devon area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be under the direction of the Chief Engineer/Master who will assign duties. Those duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Chief Engineer and sail as Chief in their absence
- Assist in all aspects of the operation and maintenance of the ship
- Assist with buffet, bar and ship duties as required
- General on-board cleaning
- Passenger welfare
- Cargo handling
As you can see we are looking for more than just a 2nd Engineer. You will need to be an adaptable positive team player in all ship board operations.
Must be qualified to sail as Chief Engineer up to 750Kw. STCW 111/3.
Lundy Island is owned by the National Trust and administered by the Landmark Trust. Situated in the Bristol Channel, 11 miles off the North Devon coast, Lundy has its own passenger/supply vessel, MS Oldenburg.
The ship provides a seasonal operation comprising a passenger/cargo service from April until end of October from both Bideford and Ilfracombe. From November to March she operates a cargo only service from Bideford.
Staying passengers are transported to Lundy by helicopter during the winter months which operates from our heliport at Hartland Point. This is also run by the ship’s crew.
The summer (BST) scheduled sailing season normally comprises the following schedule to include weekends and bank holidays, (dependent on when BST starts and ends):
- Two sailings in March
- Three sailings per week during April, May and June
- Up to four sailings per week during July and August
- Three sailings per week during September and October
- Private charters and River cruises to meet customer demand
- The winter sailing schedule is subject to demand from the Island and normally comprises of one sailing per month from Nov – March.
This position is based on a five day week.
WINTER HELICOPTER SERVICE:
The company’s winter helicopter service runs twice weekly from November – March and can also be utilised on days where bad weather restricts summer sailings. Ships crew are trained to act as Helicopter ground crew.
- Deck Officer Jobs (84)
- Deck Rating Jobs (53)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (107)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (31)
- Catering Rating Jobs (47)
- Specialist Jobs (7)
- Other Maritime Jobs (30)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (36)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (1)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (16)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (8)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (4)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (3)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (1)
- Offshore Jobs (32)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (2)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (1)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (1)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (3)
- Other Offshore Jobs (21)