Business Development Analyst (HR21066)
Job Description as Business Development Analyst with Stork:
The Business Development Analyst acts as liaison between Director BD & Strategy, VP Business Line, Business Development Directors, Sales managers, Sales coordinators, Proposal teams, Operational leaders and Marketing and Communication. The Business Development Analyst keeps track and overview of significant activities and opportunities in regard to new work prospects, ongoing projects, current proposals, and client visits.
Task and Responsibilities as Business Development Analyst:
Reporting, Communication & Information
- Acts as a liaison between Director BD&S, Business Development Directors, Sales managers, proposal teams etc., maintaining continuity of communication concerning strategy, marketing and sales efforts
- Maintains updated sales information for the Business Line and/or Group, including contract awards, sales activity and sales prospects
- Coordinates preparation of prospect forecasts for the BL and the local offices/region.
- Assists in sales activities by identifying competition, researching client history, analyzing the client’s request, and recommending sales strategy
- Maintains material used in presentations, proposals, qualifications and other marketing tools and documents
- Supports Executive visits by preparing intelligence information such as briefing documents, sound bites, client biographies
- Coordinates and facilitates requests of other marketing groups, including but not limited to, Marketing Research, Client Relations, Communications and Strategic Planning
Proposal Process & Strategy
- Prepares bid decision documentation and coordinate bid/no bid meetings.
- Collaborates in the development of outlines and content strategies for proposals, qualifications, and presentations. Establishes the layout of all documents in conjunction with the Business Development Director/Sales Managers
- Participates in the development of “Strategy-to-Win” strategies to guide the proposal/presentation process and takes the responsibility that those strategies become fully developed and are incorporated in the proposal/presentation
- Participate in the identification of potential commercial and contractual risks
- Coordinates the proposal development process including schedule, storyboarding, Red Team review, revising and improving the document, coordinating of meetings (bid/no bid, commercial reviews, strategy development, etc.) and ensuring timely completion of contributions by others
- Collaborate and actively participates as proposal team member in a key pursuits (e.g. assists with project execution plans, commercial strategies, coordination activities and proposal schedules)
- Works closely with the proposal manager and risk manager to make sure all proposal efforts meet their objectives and ensure that all documents comply with relevant requirements
- Expedites and coordinates bid decisions and management approval of commercial and contractual terms
- Prepare prequalification responses
- Monitors and follow up the proposal process requirements for the bid/no bid meetings.
At Stork, we attach great value to the key competences of our employees. We expect you always give safety the highest priority and that you are strongly working together with others. You are a specialist in your area of expertise and you have a proactive and entrepreneurial attitude.
Specific Requirements for Business Development Analyst:
- Bachelor with technical background
- Extensive experience within relevant applicable industry, field experience is a plus
We understand that our people are key to achieving Storks ambition to be the Industry reference every day, everywhere and we are proud to have been awarded the Investors in People Gold standard in recognition of our strong employee engagement focus.
There are many great reasons to work at Stork –
In order to attract and retain skilled, competent and customer focused people we offer a competitive and extensive benefits package providing a suite of both contractual and voluntary benefits including access to corporate discounts. Employee benefits will depend on work location and role, however, may include life assurance, income protection, and private medical insurance.
In addition we recognize the importance of providing flexibility to our employees and offer a Flexi Friday working arrangement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave.
Location: Dyce, Aberdeen
Hours: 37.5 Hours
Stork, a Fluor company, is an expert provider of maintenance, modification and asset integrity services to the global oil and gas, chemicals and process, metals and mining, power, and manufacturing industries. We are dedicated to improving asset performance, safety and cost efficiency for our Clients throughout the complete asset life cycle.
With a team of 19,000 employees in over 100 countries, we serve more than 4,000 Clients across 6 continents.
Stork is dedicated to reducing risk, assuring safety and reducing environment impact through our award-winning value driven HSEQ platform; Safer together Whilst safety will always remain our core value, the platform not only communicates on Safety but also on Health, Environmental and Quality issues too. We are committed to our transparent, employee-led approach to HSEQ.
One Team, One Stork
As one Stork, we treat all people with dignity, respect each other’s perspective and share knowledge and resources to achieve excellence, deliver value and grow individually and collectively.
We are fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and value the difference that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation. Stork recognises that providing equality of opportunity, valuing diversity and promoting a culture of inclusion and flexibility to our employees is vital to our success.
From school leavers and university graduates to transitioning military veterans, we provide career opportunities with targeted development programmes.
Going above and beyond for our wider community
Stork is dedicated to ensuring we are a socially and environmentally responsible employer and undertake a range of activities to give back and support the communities in which we live and work – from various charity work to working with schools as part of Developing Young Workforce.
- Deck Officer Jobs (65)
- Deck Rating Jobs (56)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (98)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (42)
- Catering Rating Jobs (43)
- Specialist Jobs (5)
- Other Maritime Jobs (32)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (35)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (2)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (8)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (11)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (5)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (5)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (2)
- Offshore Jobs (22)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (1)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (2)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (2)
- Other Offshore Jobs (17)