Fabricator Welder (HR21055)
Job Description as Fabricator Welder with Stork:
To support the daily production of fabricated assemblies, panels and units and assist in the overall provision of Fabrication departmental work.
All employees may be required to undertake differing or additional tasks to those detailed within this job description, on the proviso that they are within the reasonable skills, experience and knowledge of the employee.
Tasks and Responsibilities as Fabricator Welder:
Provides fabricated parts to the correct number, design and quality
- Able to read and interpret mechanical engineering drawings.
- Maximises material (sheet metal, steel etc) utilisation when setting cutting parameters.
- Welds (MIG and TIG) mild and stainless steel.
- Makes full use of appropriate tools and machines as per task requirement.
Maintain safe working environment within Fabrication area
- Responsible for the maintenance and organisation of a safe and efficient work area, complying with 5S/6S standards as appropriate.
- Be aware of local health and safety changes/instructions arising from departmental tool-box talks.
- Ensure all equipment is operated within appropriate PPE and guarding requirements and that manufacturers and/or Company operating instructions are complied with at all times.
Maintain and contribute to an enhanced Quality Performance
- Skilled employees provide technical advice and recommendations to both peer group and to semi-skilled colleagues.
- Ensure that all work is carried out to relevant company or industry standard and regulation.
Planning and Organising
- Plan personal time effectively in order to maintain efficiency and productivity and enable quick response to required change in work scheduling etc.
- Ensure daily liaison with Fabrication Supervisor in regard to job progression, delay and timescales.
- Provide early indication of potential stock-outs for scheduled materials.
Remain flexible to the needs of the business
- Undertakes reasonable ad-hoc or routine duties as directed by line manager.
At Stork, Safety is our first Core Value and we believe that safety is a team effort.
Safer Together is employee owned. It is how we think, communicate and act at Stork.
As a member of the Stork team, there are expectations of you within your role:
- Be aware of, and understand your HSEQ responsibilities relevant to your role, if unsure ask your Line Manager
- Work in partnership with HSEQ on any HSEQ matters
- Work in accordance with your departmental HSEQ Service Level Agreement (if in existence)
- Understand and adhere to the Safer Together behaviours
At Stork, we attach great value to the key competences of our employees. We expect you always give safety the highest priority and that you are strongly working together with others. You are a specialist in your area of expertise and you have a proactive and entrepreneurial attitude.
Specific Requirements for the Fabricator Welder:
Education & Experience
- Good standard of general education with particular emphasis on literacy and numeracy.
- Experienced or time-served in a relevant mechanical engineering discipline
- Experienced in a Fabrication assembly role
- Demonstrates prior involvement in aspects of pneumatics, fabrication, drawings and fabrication tooling and equipment.
- Able to read and interpret mechanical engineering drawings.
- Ability to MIG/TIG weld is advantageous to skilled position
We understand that our people are key to achieving Storks ambition to be the Industry reference every day, everywhere and we are proud to have been awarded the Investors in People Gold standard in recognition of our strong employee engagement focus.
There are many great reasons to work at Stork –
Competitive and Benefits
In order to attract and retain skilled, competent and customer focused people we offer a competitive and an extensive benefits package providing a suite of both contractual and voluntary benefits including access to corporate discounts. Employee benefits will depend on work location and role, however, may include life insurance, income protection, and private medical insurance.
In addition we recognize the importance of providing flexibility to our employees and offer a Flexi Friday working arrangement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave.
Hours: 38.75 hours
Stork, a Fluor company, is an expert provider of maintenance, modification and asset integrity services to the global oil and gas, chemicals and process, metals and mining, power, and manufacturing industries. We are dedicated to improving asset performance, safety and cost efficiency for our Clients throughout the complete asset life cycle.
With a team of 19,000 employees in over 100 countries, we serve more than 4,000 Clients across 6 continents.
Stork is dedicated to reducing risk, assuring safety and reducing environment impact through our award-winning value driven HSEQ platform; Safer together Whilst safety will always remain our core value, the platform not only communicates on Safety but also on Health, Environmental and Quality issues too. We are committed to our transparent, employee-led approach to HSEQ.
One Team, One Stork
As one Stork, we treat all people with dignity, respect each other’s perspective and share knowledge and resources to achieve excellence, deliver value and grow individually and collectively.
We are fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and value the difference that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation. Stork recognises that providing equality of opportunity, valuing diversity and promoting a culture of inclusion and flexibility to our employees is vital to our success.
From school leavers and university graduates to transitioning military veterans, we provide career opportunities with targeted development programmes.
Going above and beyond for our wider community
Stork is dedicated to ensuring we are a socially and environmentally responsible employer and undertake a range of activities to give back and support the communities in which we live and work – from various charity work to working with schools as part of Developing Young Workforce.
- Deck Officer Jobs (65)
- Deck Rating Jobs (56)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (97)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (42)
- Catering Rating Jobs (43)
- Specialist Jobs (5)
- Other Maritime Jobs (31)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (35)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (2)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (8)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (11)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (5)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (5)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (2)
- Offshore Jobs (22)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (1)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (2)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (2)
- Other Offshore Jobs (17)