HSEQ Advisor, Systems & Analytics (HR21057)
Job Description as HSEQ Advisor, Systems & Analytics with Stork:
To support and advise business areas to deliver improved HSEQ compliance and performance, in line with company and client expectations.
This is a demanding role in a fast, changing environment. It requires interaction with internal colleagues of all levels, external auditors and clients. The key attributes of this role are to build strong relationships across the business, in many cases influencing without authority. Required is a strong understanding of HSEQ requirements in their area of expertise, ability to develop associated HSEQ plans to ensure a safe working environment for all company employees, contractors and visitors.
The role involves interpretation of complex legislation, providing advice, support and planned delivery across a wide range of HSEQ specialist areas to business unit management and project teams, ensuring full compliance with current legislation and good practice. Developing, improving and implementing relevant policies and procedures to support their areas of responsibility.
Tasks and Responsibilities as HSEQ Advisor, Systems & Analytics:
Health & Safety
- Supporting Corporate HSEQ Objectives including regional implementation of Corporate Programmes
- Maintaining legal compliance
- Driving continuous improvements in leading and lagging metric performance
- Support Service and Contract Delivery in:
- Accident / incident investigation
- Hazard identification and risk assessment
- Occupational Health and Hygiene requirements
- Participate in business Emergency Response requirements
- Work pack HSEQ requirements and providing sign-off
- Embedding the Safer Together behaviours and Stork's Life Saving Rules into daily activities
- Provide guidance and coaching on HSEQ aspects pertinent to business area
- Provide input to the induction training programme
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of HS & E legislation in area of responsibility
- Support of regional HSEQ Management Systems including maintenance of IMS procedures to comply with current legislative standards
- Support business delivery of relevant HSEQ plans
- Support the business in review of health, safety and environmental legal registers
- Support business in the delivery of the company audit plans
- Support relevant systems for continuous improvement
- Liaise with key stakeholders to produce HSEQ performance metrics relevant to Operations/Project and internal and external stakeholder
- Liaise with customers to develop and produce project/contract specific interface documents
- Attend customer meetings in relation to HSEQ issues.
At Stork, Safety is our first Core Value and we believe that safety is a team effort.
Safer Together is employee owned. It is how we think, communicate and act at Stork.
As a member of the Stork team, there are expectations of you within your role:
- Be aware of, and understand your HSEQ responsibilities relevant to your role, if unsure ask your Line Manager
- Work in partnership with HSEQ on any HSEQ matters
- Work in accordance with your departmental HSEQ Service Level Agreement (if in existence)
- Understand and adhere to the Safer Together behaviours
- Being the advocate for Stork's Life Saving Rules
At Stork, we attach great value to the key competences of our employees. We expect you always give safety the highest priority and that you are strongly working together with others. You are a specialist in your area of expertise and you have a proactive and entrepreneurial attitude.
Specific Requirements for the HSEQ Advisor, Systems & Analytics:
Education & Experience
- NEBOSH (NGC) and working towards NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational H&S or equivalent (NVQ,Degree)
- Auditing qualification
- COSHH Assessor
- Auditor Qualification
- Incident Investigation training and experience
- Root Cause Analysis training and experience
- Membership of IOSH or IIRSM (H&S)
- Significant level of experience,understanding and interpretation of UK Health and Safety legislation
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Thorough oral, listening and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Moderate level of experience in HSSEQ role
- Experience of auditing – execution and receiving
- Experienced in Regulatory / external stakeholder liaison
- Good working knowledge of Power Bi is preferred but not essential
We understand that our people are key to achieving Storks ambition to be the Industry reference every day, everywhere and we are proud to have been awarded the Investors in People Gold standard in recognition of our strong employee engagement focus.
There are many great reasons to work at Stork –
Competitive and Benefits
In order to attract and retain skilled, competent and customer focused people we offer a competitive and an extensive benefits package providing a suite of both contractual and voluntary benefits including access to corporate discounts. Employee benefits will depend on work location and role, however, may include life insurance, income protection, and private medical insurance.
In addition we recognize the importance of providing flexibility to our employees and offer a Flexi Friday working arrangement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave.
Location: Dyce, Aberdeen
Hours: 40 hours
Stork, a Fluor company, is an expert provider of maintenance, modification and asset integrity services to the global oil and gas, chemicals and process, metals and mining, power, and manufacturing industries. We are dedicated to improving asset performance, safety and cost efficiency for our Clients throughout the complete asset life cycle.
With a team of 19,000 employees in over 100 countries, we serve more than 4,000 Clients across 6 continents.
Stork is dedicated to reducing risk, assuring safety and reducing environment impact through our award-winning value driven HSEQ platform; Safer together Whilst safety will always remain our core value, the platform not only communicates on Safety but also on Health, Environmental and Quality issues too. We are committed to our transparent, employee-led approach to HSEQ.
One Team, One Stork
As one Stork, we treat all people with dignity, respect each other’s perspective and share knowledge and resources to achieve excellence, deliver value and grow individually and collectively.
We are fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and value the difference that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation. Stork recognises that providing equality of opportunity, valuing diversity and promoting a culture of inclusion and flexibility to our employees is vital to our success.
From school leavers and university graduates to transitioning military veterans, we provide career opportunities with targeted development programmes.
Going above and beyond for our wider community
Stork is dedicated to ensuring we are a socially and environmentally responsible employer and undertake a range of activities to give back and support the communities in which we live and work – from various charity work to working with schools as part of Developing Young Workforce.
- Deck Officer Jobs (65)
- Deck Rating Jobs (56)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (98)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (42)
- Catering Rating Jobs (43)
- Specialist Jobs (5)
- Other Maritime Jobs (32)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (35)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (2)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (8)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (11)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (5)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (5)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (2)
- Offshore Jobs (22)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (1)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (2)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (2)
- Other Offshore Jobs (17)