Deputy Harbour Master (Ports) - Kent, UK
- Posted by:
- ARM Marine & Shipping
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs
- Kent, England
- May 1, 2021
- Location: Kent, England
- Salary: Neg
- Job type: Permanent
- Category: Technical Shipping
- Job Reference: 107683
- Posted on: 1 Apr 2021
Deputy Harbour Master (Ports) – Permanent – Kent – £Dependent on Experience
A thriving and busy port is currently recruiting for a Deputy Harbour Master to join the team in Kent.
The main objective for the post holder is to ensure that marine operations within the Company’s jurisdiction are conducted safely and are delivered to the standard set by and agreed with the Head of Marine & Harbour Master.
Other responsibilities include;
- Provide resilience within the Duty Harbour Master shift working roster when required.
- Provide second pilotage cover, enabling flexibility in roster and reducing budget spend.
- Ensure that the aims and objectives of the Vessel Traffic Services are always met and take responsibility for the VTS business unit.
- Monitor regulations for ships for any applicable changes to compliance, review and update procedures in line with any legislative requirements.
- Monitor training and STCW certification for all marine staff.
- Manage and develop the Company’s Marine Safety Management System.
- Investigate near misses, incidents, and dangerous occurrences.
- Carry out internal audits.
- Provide support to the Marine Superintendent for day-to-day deck/marine issues and act as an expert in this field.
- Responsible for the Port Vessel Unit roster management and publication.
- When required to deputise for the Harbour Master in accordance with the terms of the appropriate regulating legislation.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in a similar capacity ashore and have marine management experience along with sound knowledge of maritime legislation.
You will hold a valid MCA STCW II/2 Master Unlimited Certificate of Competence and have excellent knowledge of ISM and PMSC code.
You will be an excellent and engaging leader of people, be confident to contribute to the strategic aims of the business whilst managing at the tactical level and be competent in liaising with external customers, government/statutory bodies and other key stakeholders.
ARM Maritime; Your First Port of Call
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on ships.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications
Mandatory STCW certificates are required from all applicants.
Please sign up for STCW courses and obtain the certificates if you don't have them yet.
- Deck Officer Jobs (54)
- Deck Rating Jobs (44)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (56)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (12)
- Catering Rating Jobs (25)
- Specialist Jobs (1)
- Other Maritime Jobs (7)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (52)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (1)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (14)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (14)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (10)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (3)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (6)
- Offshore Jobs (24)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (2)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (1)
- Other Offshore Jobs (20)