Head of Crewing (LNG) - Doha, Qatar
- Location: Doha
- Salary: Neg
- Job type: Permanent
- Category: Technical Shipping
- Job Reference: 107659
- Posted on: 31 Mar 2021
Head of Crewing (LNG) - Permanent – Doha, Qatar – Excellent Package
An internationally renowned organisation with the world's largest fleet of LNG vessels, is recruiting for a Head of Crewing to join the team in Doha, Qatar.
Reporting to the Fleet Chief Operating Officer, the key responsibilities of the role is to establish, implement, monitor and maintain the policies and procedures of the organization with regards to marine personnel serving on board the wholly owned vessels of the Company.
Other key duties will include (not limited to);
- To ensure that the ship-based employees of the organisation are provided with appropriate and ample opportunities for career development.
- To develop criteria for third party crew administrators, tender invitation, pre-qualification selection criteria and appointment of third party crew administrators when required. You shall also establish and monitor the performance of third party crew administrators against agreed KPIs.
- To manage department staff and teams by overseeing their performance management, recruitment, training and development to ensure high levels of engagement and competence.
- To oversee and ensure compliance to all relevant QHSE policies, procedures and controls across Crewing department to ensure that the Company provides a safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
- To prepare the department budget, and monitor its expenditure, while ensuring the optimal utilization of all available resources to protect the Company’s interest.
- To provide career progression and growth opportunities through sound performance management practices.
- To ensure effective staff budgeting and staff cost monitoring and optimisation.
- To conduct appraisals and recommend the deserving marine personnel for promotions to ensure that they are ethical, fair and equitable.
- To develop programs and maintain relationships with third parties so as to ensure that the Company is able to attract, develop and retain the best personnel belonging to the Maritime sector.
The successful individual will have a proven work history in a similar management capacity and have a Bachelor’s Degree in Maritime studies or in a related discipline.
To be considered for this role, the individual must have knowledge and experience of working with offshore crewing companies. Knowledge should include awareness of laws of IMO, ILO, ISM and STCW.
The ideal candidate will have good understanding of the Maritime industry and the extensive amount of legal requirements pertaining to sea staff employment. You will also have extensive knowledge and experience in managing an international marine crewing responsibility in a highly demanding and often complex operating environment.
ARM Maritime; Your First Port of Call.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on ships.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications
Mandatory STCW certificates are required from all applicants.
Please sign up for STCW courses and obtain the certificates if you don't have them yet.
- Deck Officer Jobs (54)
- Deck Rating Jobs (44)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (56)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (12)
- Catering Rating Jobs (25)
- Specialist Jobs (1)
- Other Maritime Jobs (7)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (52)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (1)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (14)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (14)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (10)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (3)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (6)
- Offshore Jobs (24)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (2)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (1)
- Other Offshore Jobs (20)