Senior Marine Surveyor (Classification) - Kiel, Germany
- Location: Hamburg
- Salary: Neg
- Job type: Permanent
- Category: Technical Shipping,Design & Consulting
- Job Reference: 107297
- Posted on: 8 Mar 2021
Senior Marine Surveyor (Classification) - Permanent – Kiel, Germany – Highly Competitive
A leading Classification Society is currently recruiting for a Senior Marine Surveyor to join the team in Kiel, Germany.
The successful individual will assess the design, production and in-service aspects of engineering assets, using procedures, experience and knowledge appropriate for complex and demanding situations. The role may also include managing projects.
Key responsibilities will include;
- To conduct relevant activities, undertake project management and provide advice for service delivery within own area of experience, adhering to budget constraints and contractual requirements.
- To discuss and present the deliverable with the internal/external client and be able to suggest solutions as necessary.
- Conduct activities in line with internal procedures, accreditation schemes, legislation and industry standards.
- To pursue Continuous Professional Development and maintain a high degree of discipline, knowledge and awareness.
- To mentor and coach other employees, as appropriate, to achieve effective knowledge transfer and application.
- To contribute to external client management; ensuring service delivery is continually improved through monitoring and acting on client feedback appropriately.
- Develop and maintain client relationships with Key Clients in the area which includes, but is not limited to, the Yacht New Construction clients.
- Provide point of contact and technical support for the Key Clients in the area.
- Support area sales and commercial team in the winning of new contracts for the Kiel Office, particularly in new construction.
This position is based in Kiel but will cover the North East Germany region and will require travel to Rostock and Hamburg when necessary.
The ideal candidate will have a degree or equivalent in a Maritime related subject and have a proven track-record in a similar role within a Classification Society or Consultancy.
You will have membership to an appropriate professional institution and be working towards or achieving charted or incorporated engineering status.
The successful candidate will also be able to use a combination of general and specialist engineering knowledge and understanding to optimise the application of existing and emerging technology, will be able to provide technical and commercial leadership within the responsibilities assigned and have in-depth knowledge of local shipyards and key clients in NE Germany area.
Due to client demands, fluency in the English language is essential and German language skills would be an advantage.
ARM Maritime; Your First Port of Call.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on ships.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications
Mandatory STCW certificates are required from all applicants.
Please sign up for STCW courses and obtain the certificates if you don't have them yet.
- Deck Officer Jobs (27)
- Deck Rating Jobs (31)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (41)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (10)
- Catering Rating Jobs (14)
- Specialist Jobs (5)
- Other Maritime Jobs (6)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (44)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (1)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (9)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (15)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (10)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (2)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (2)
- Offshore Jobs (20)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (0)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (0)
- Other Offshore Jobs (19)