Commercial Associate (LNG) - London
- Location: Greater London, England
- Salary: Neg
- Job type: Permanent
- Category: Commercial Shipping
- Job Reference: 106768
- Posted on: 8 Mar 2021
Commercial Associate (LNG) - London - Permanent - Competitive Salary
A leading LNG shipping company with a global presence are recruiting for a Commercial Associate to join their team in London.
As Commercial Associate, responsibilities include assisting in the contract management of a fleet of LNG carriers/joint venture projects and ensuring safe and reliable transportation of LNG and maximise owner profits.
Other key duties will include;
- Reviewing and negotiating time charterparty performance claims and report to manager before settlement (Offhire, FOCs, Boil off, Cargo, Speed, dry dock allowances etc)
- Reviewing annual opex budgets and seek necessary approvals
- Reviewing dry dock budgets and seek necessary approvals
- Reviewing off hire reconciliation statements
- Liaising closely with cash management team to prepare and submit monthly P&L report
- Liaising with insurance manager to ensure rightful claims are raised and recovered
- Liaising with cash management team to ensure appropriate provisions are allocated to financial statements
- Providing and preparing quarterly business reports. Submit to Board of Directors and Shareholders
- Assisting Manager during crisis management situations
- Representing the Company and JVs at owner, charterer and Industry events
To be considered for this position you will have an excellent understanding of LNG shipping and have familiarity with LNG time charter and shipbuilding agreements.
The successful individual will also have the ability to read, understand and report basic financial information to management, have claims handling experience have good cultural awareness with the ability to engage with various stakeholders worldwide.
You will also have a Degree (or equivalent) in a Business related subject.
Please note, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this position
ARM Maritime; Your First Port of Call
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on ships.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications
Mandatory STCW certificates are required from all applicants.
Please sign up for STCW courses and obtain the certificates if you don't have them yet.
- Deck Officer Jobs (27)
- Deck Rating Jobs (31)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (41)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (10)
- Catering Rating Jobs (14)
- Specialist Jobs (5)
- Other Maritime Jobs (6)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (44)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (1)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (9)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (15)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (10)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (2)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (2)
- Offshore Jobs (20)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (0)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (0)
- Other Offshore Jobs (19)