Autonomous Vessel Skipper/Operations Manager
Our client is a World-Class provider of High Technology Solutions to the Maritime and Research industries, aiming to open new fields and classes of technology to solve problems of the future, today. We are a designer and builder of autonomous vessels and have developed the USV for their company which, among many notable firsts, has recently won the X-Prize for Ocean Discovery.
We are now using the momentum of our recent successful demonstrations to expand the company by conducting exciting new projects and building a fleet of unmanned vessels.
We require a multi-skilled, versatile Captain with extensive experience at sea to assume a joint role of Operations/Project Manager and Skipper of our unmanned vessels. The companies USV is operated from a remote bridge, which is stationed ashore. It can be based anywhere in the world, providing the remote operator with full situational awareness and control features.
- Watchkeeping and responsibility for the autonomous vessel from our control centre for AUV survey operations (including remote launch/recovery).
- On-site management of projects and personal in locations world-wide (project phases include planning, mobilisation, operations and demob).
- Working closely with operations director and project administrator to ensure compliance to company procedures & policies.
- Liaising with and providing updates to various authorities
- Detailed record-keeping and reporting
- Managing team of skippers’ & technical personnel
- ‘Hands On’ involvement in vessel build & pack-up during mobilisation phases
- Assisting with and managing vessel maintenance
- Training in operation of the vessel will be provided either at our office in Tollesbury or on site of operations. IT skills desirable and up to date knowledge of Maritime regulations essential.
- (desirable) Master (minimum) Yachtmaster Offshore 200 GT (commercially endorsed)
- Full UK Driving License
- Good knowledge of maritime regulations
- Good watchkeeping experience offshore onboard workboats
- Practical, efficient & resourceful
- Good communication skills
- Positive attitude and good work ethic
- Experience managing vessels
- Genuine interest in maritime autonomy and future technologies
- Willing to travel internationally as required by the project
- Based within commutable distance to Tollesbury, Essex (or willing to relocate)
Jobs in Maritime recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination.
We will not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, marital status, disability, age, health, employment status, sexual orientation or religion.
- Deck Officer Jobs (27)
- Deck Rating Jobs (31)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (41)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (10)
- Catering Rating Jobs (14)
- Specialist Jobs (5)
- Other Maritime Jobs (6)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (44)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (1)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (9)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (15)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (10)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (2)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (2)
- Offshore Jobs (20)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (0)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (0)
- Other Offshore Jobs (19)