Marine Superintendent (Towage) - Kent, UK
- Location: Kent, England
- Salary: £40000 - £43000 Per Year
- Job type: Permanent
- Category: Technical Shipping
- Job Reference: 106644
- Posted on: 13 Jan 2021
Marine Superintendent (Towage) - Permanent - Kent, UK - up to £43,000
A leading towage organisation is currently recruiting for an Marine Superintendent to join the team in Kent.
Reporting to the Port Manager, the main area of responsibility will be to assist the operation and wider management team in the provision of marine operational expertise to ensure all vessels and crew meet their safety, environmental and operational requirements.
Key responsibilities include;
- Providing operational support to the port management teams and crew in order to maintain efficient towage operations. Assist in all areas of the operations team and take duties on a rota’d basis as part of the operations team.
- Maximising the operational efficiency and effectiveness of marine operations and marine equipment in compliance with the Company operating manual, particular emphasis on Health, Safety and Environment.
- Working with the Technical Engineering team to ensure safe and effective transfer of vessels between ports and associated familiarisation of personnel to vessels.
- To have a broad understanding of the port’s commercial situation and contracts, and assist and deputise for the Port Managers in commercial activities where required
- To undertake other duties as required in line with the local requirements.
The ideal candidate will have sailed as a Master Mariner or Senior Deck Officer, with experience of Small Craft preferred. You will also have experience of working in a shore-based position as a Marine Superintendent or similar, with regard to regulations and legislation, including knowledge of Manila amendments.
The successful individual will have a clear understanding of certification and document control with regards to vessel operations and will have familiarity with Maritime Rules, Regulations, Codes and Guidelines (ISM Code and ISPS requirements and class (preferred)).
Please note, you must have the right to live and work in the UK and have a full driving license to be considered.
ARM Maritime; Your First Port of Call.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on ships.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications
Mandatory STCW certificates are required from all applicants.
Please sign up for STCW courses and obtain the certificates if you don't have them yet.
- Deck Officer Jobs (24)
- Deck Rating Jobs (10)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (33)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (15)
- Catering Rating Jobs (15)
- Specialist Jobs (3)
- Other Maritime Jobs (3)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (28)
- Offshore Jobs (14)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (0)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (1)
- Other Offshore Jobs (13)