Mechanical & Electrical Technician (Marine) - London
- Location: London, Greater London, England
- Salary: £33752 - £33752 Per Year
- Job type: Permanent
- Category: Technical Shipping
- Job Reference: 106634
- Posted on: 13 Jan 2021
Mechanical & Electrical Technician (Marine) - Permanent - Docklands, London – £33,752
A busy maritime business with sites all across the UK is recruiting for a Mechanical & Electrical Technician for their thriving Docklands site.
The role of M&E Technician is to deliver maintenance and repair works to M&E structures, plant and equipment to protect and to enhance the reputation of the network.
Key responsibilities will include (but not limited to);
- Supporting the delivery of a programme of M&E maintenance and repair works, by staff and assisted by contractors as required.
- Providing mechanical, electrical support and assist in the resolution of mechanical and electrical situations as they arise.
- Participating in a standby rota providing mechanical/electrical response.
- Providing and supporting the delivery a first level of response for reactive works, at all times, to ensure the safety of customer and the availability of the network.
- Working to a planned timetable with support from the length inspection team survey, inspect, monitor and report on condition of M&E assets.
- Providing customer service through operation of the Company’s assets in a safe and timely manner and responding to customer enquiries to maximise customer satisfaction.
- Displaying the Company’s values and behaviours at all times.
- Ensuring that diversity and inclusion are integrated into all aspects of business life and promoting inclusion by challenging behaviour, practices, actions, or decisions that are counter to the objectives of the Company’s policies and values.
- Experience in hydraulic systems is essential.
The ideal candidate will have a City & Guilds level 3/NVQ3 or equivalent in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (or a related discipline) and have previous experience of working in a similar capacity along with experience of delivering works to time, specification and budget.
The successful candidate will also have safety awareness with evidence of strong safety mind-set and experience of working within a strong safety culture.
You must hold a Full valid Driving License.
Please contact Michelle McGrath on email@example.com with a copy of your CV and to arrange a confidential career discussion.
ARM Maritime; Your First Port of Call
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on ships.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications
Mandatory STCW certificates are required from all applicants.
Please sign up for STCW courses and obtain the certificates if you don't have them yet.
- Deck Officer Jobs (24)
- Deck Rating Jobs (10)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (33)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (15)
- Catering Rating Jobs (15)
- Specialist Jobs (3)
- Other Maritime Jobs (3)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (28)
- Offshore Jobs (14)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (0)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (1)
- Other Offshore Jobs (13)