Marine Superintendent (LNG) – Glasgow
Marine Superintendent (LNG) – Permanent – Glasgow – Competitive package
This is an excellent opportunity to join a reputable shipping company based in Glasgow.
The Marine Superintendent role includes two main areas of responsibility: Supporting fleet operations teams in all aspects of the vessel’s daily operations and leading management and support for all Marine, Safety, Security and Vetting items.
- Act as Company Security Officer (CSO)
- Establish and maintain constructive professional relationships with customer and oil major vetting and assurance teams, and flag states acting as the focal point for the company.
- Act as a member of the emergency response team as marine subject matter expert.
- Work closely with fleet teams as the focal point for navigation, cargo, mooring, commercial and safety aspects and providing support with all marine issues.
- Oversee STS operations; liaise with all parties and attend STS operations where required.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of time charter party requirements. Lead marine related tasks within the team including support during TMSA, internal/external audits and inspections.
- Manage the process of Navigation, Cargo & ballast, Mooring and bunker audits and undertake necessary analysis/ trending to proactively identify and communicate areas of risk/ leading indicators with fleet operations.
- Monitor and analyze audit and inspection results; develop, implement and lead plans/campaigns to drive improvement and operational excellence.
Experience / Qualifications required:
- Sailing experience on Oil / Gas Tankers to a Senior Rank; minimum Class 2 (unlimited) Certificate of Competency.
- Previous shore based experience in a similar role is an advantage
- Sound knowledge in international maritime regulations, industry standards and HSEQ
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize critical work; work quickly and in high-pressure environments.
- Comprehensive understanding and experience in vetting including OCIMF Sire inspection process, and other relevant industry processes, software, applications and web pages.
Must have the right to live and work in the UK to be considered
Navis Consulting; Keeping your career on course.
Navis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
The post Marine Superintendent (LNG) – Glasgow appeared first on Navis Consulting.
- Deck Officer Jobs (25)
- Deck Rating Jobs (14)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (37)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (9)
- Catering Rating Jobs (10)
- Specialist Jobs (2)
- Other Maritime Jobs (1)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (27)
- Offshore Jobs (13)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (0)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (1)
- Other Offshore Jobs (12)