Lead Specialist (Naval Ship Structures) - Southampton
- Location: Southampton, Hampshire, England
- Salary: Neg
- Job type: Permanent
- Category: Technical Shipping,Design & Consulting
- Job Reference: 105576
- Posted on: 17 Sep 2020
Lead Specialist (Naval Ship Structures) - Permanent - Southampton, UK - Competitive
A leading Classification Society is currently recruiting for a Lead Specialist in Naval Ship Structures, working in the Marine & Offshore Structures team, to join the Southampton office.
Working as part of a small and dedicated team, the successful individual will be working on a wide variety of new-build and existing Naval Ship projects around the world.
Key duties will include;
- Working as lead technical member of the Marine & Offshore Structures team carrying out design appraisal and consultancy against a range of Class Rules and statutory codes.
- Taking the lead in establishing creative solutions for a variety of complex structural problems through direct calculations and application of Company Rules and Regulations & other International standards and codes.
- Mentoring, coaching and developing other employees, as appropriate, to achieve effective knowledge transfer and application.
- Providing specialist technical advice to internal and external clients globally at a senior level, which will include designers, shipyards and other Company surveyors and specialists.
- Contributing to Rule Development Projects and Proposals to ensure Company Rules remain up to date and in line with the latest industry innovations.
- Taking the lead in the bid and win processes for new projects by accurately estimating time requirements and developing scopes of work.
- Managing complex plan approval projects including the monitoring of project progress and time spend against budget and contractual requirements.
The successful candidate will have a degree in Naval Architecture, Structural Engineering or a related subject and have proven experience of naval ship structural design and the application of Naval Class Rules to the design and construction of naval ships.
Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status is highly desirable, along with excellent written and oral command of the English Language, as writing detailed technical reports and design appraisal documents is a key element to the role.
You must have the right to live and work in the UK to be considered
ARM Maritime; Your First Port of Call
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on ships.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications
Mandatory STCW certificates are required from all applicants.
Please sign up for STCW courses and obtain the certificates if you don't have them yet.
- Deck Officer Jobs (28)
- Deck Rating Jobs (23)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (50)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (13)
- Catering Rating Jobs (7)
- Specialist Jobs (6)
- Other Maritime Jobs (2)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (34)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (0)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (8)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (10)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (5)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (5)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (1)
- Offshore Jobs (16)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (2)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (1)
- Other Offshore Jobs (11)