Maintenance Engineer (Cranes) - Portsmouth
- Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire, England
- Salary: Neg
- Job type: Permanent
- Category: Technical Shipping
- Job Reference: 105526
- Posted on: 16 Sep 2020
Maintenance Engineer (Cranes) - Permanent - Portsmouth - £33,000
A reputable Shipping Services company within a busy Port is actively recruiting for an additional experienced Maintenance Engineer to join the team.
This role will join both the workshop material handling and crane maintenance teams who ensure that all MHE and cranes are available to use as required and that they meet expected lifetime of asset and conform to statutory regulations.
Other responsibilities will include;
- Responsibility for periodic inspections of MHE, Cranes and related equipment.
- Informing the Manager of required work/parts to order/damages/required repairs.
- Ensuring that compliance records are maintained and completed.
- Assisting with electrical and mechanical maintenance when required.
- Working at height and using MEWP’s.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of mobile harbour cranes, preferably Gottwald/Terex/Konecranes.
You will also have relevant electrical qualifications and experience in relation to mobile harbour crane electrical equipment.
Experience of repairing general mechanical handling equipment is essential, as it the ability to manage deadlines and to work as an individual and part of a team.
The successful candidate will have a hands-on approach and attitude to work, an understanding of health and safety essentials and have excellent communication skills.
The role will include joining an on call rota with the other crane engineers and at times supporting the MHE team out of hours or on call.
You must have the right to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role
ARM Maritime; Your First Port of Call
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on ships.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications
Mandatory STCW certificates are required from all applicants.
Please sign up for STCW courses and obtain the certificates if you don't have them yet.
- Deck Officer Jobs (20)
- Deck Rating Jobs (12)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (35)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (8)
- Catering Rating Jobs (10)
- Specialist Jobs (2)
- Other Maritime Jobs (1)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (29)
- Offshore Jobs (12)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (0)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (1)
- Other Offshore Jobs (11)