Proposals and Business Development Manager – Malaysia
Job Description as Assistant Proposals and Business Development Manager with Stork:
Develop business line growth strategies based on market developments, sales plan, sales & proposal policy and balancing risk in the port-folio of work. Manage a port-folio of simultaneous prospects and drive win's on the strategic important prospects personally. Build strong relation with senior client representatives and maintain those relationships including client reviews program. Work in line with the global and business line business sales policies, procedures and instruments in order to develop new business and realize commercial objectives.
Task and Responsibilities as Proposals and Business Development Manager:
Acquisitions and Sales
- Set up overall Business Development/Sales year plan and budget and ensures market/segment/account plans
- Steers on progress and execution of Sales & Proposal plans
- Lead and manage in-country proposal preparation, compliance and making sure promptness and quality submission
- Detect and realize new business opportunities
- Build, maintain and expand a network of (new) Stork clients in the business line
- Extends current network within business line, regional and local clients
- Sells full companies portfolio, and secondary other parts of full Stork portfolio
- Shapes new opportunities, acquire RFI’s, RFQ’s, orders and further develop business volumes and management of CRM tool
- Contribute to convert RFQ into feasible and profitable proposals and an annual sales with a predefined gross margin
- Maximize sales volume into new or existing markets
Connecting Skills and People Management
- Capacity to build internal trust and alignment between regional disciplines and functions, within own company as well as other Stork companies
- Skill to connect and to ensure communication and cooperation within company or within regions/business lines on several (different) levels and/or disciplines to ensure delivery to a client on time and in line with agreed conditions
- Maintain and support local delivery of operations to improve margins in existing contracts
Business Development Policy
- Collect information regarding quantitative and qualitative developments.
- Analyze external developments and identify market trends and customer needs
- Adapt sales concepts and approach to new market and customer developments
- Ensure translation of the global and regional business development policy into commercial
- objectives, sales forecasts and budget
- Develop, manage and ensure realization of sales objectives for the assigned sales domain/region and acquire approval.
- Advise manager and companies’ management business development strategy and activities.
People Management and Development
- Attract, lead, coach, appraise and develop employees.
- Ensure staffing and stimulate talent (management).
- Facilitate and encourage professional development of employees in line with strategy.
- Champion and demonstrate One Stork behaviors
- Encourage the growth and development of staff by appropriate delegation of responsibility and authority as well as assist all personnel with career development and PPR.
- Ensure that there is a succession plan in place.
At Stork we attach great value to the key competences of our employees. We expect you always give safety the highest priority and that you are strongly working together with others. You are a specialist in your area of expertise and you have a proactive and entrepreneurial attitude.
Specific Requirements for Proposals and Business Development Manager:
- Master or Bachelor degree with technical background (preferably mechanical degree holder) and / or equivalent qualification
- Extensive experience in proposals and business development (sales & marketing) experiences within applicable industry like Oil & Gas (upstream & downstream), Chemical, Power, Renewables, Manufacturing and Food & Pharma sector
- Strong knowledge in mechanical, NDT, MCI -inspection, welding, heat treatment and material engineering
- Understanding of multi-party/site deals including managing EPCC project at various phases
- Experience and familiar with Petronas procurement process and asset management/procurement & supply chain stakeholder’s management
- Exposure to ISO certification/implementation
- Quantitative skills
- Emotional intelligence skills
- Able to apply multi-level strategic approach to customers
- Independent and thought Leadership
- Visionary, executer and experienced leader
We understand that our people are key to achieving Storks ambition to be the Industry reference every day, everywhere and we are proud to have been awarded the Investors in People Silver standard in recognition of our strong employee engagement focus.
There are many great reasons to work at Stork –
Competitive salary and Benefits
In order to attract and retain skilled, competent and customer focused people we offer a competitive salary and an extensive benefits package providing a suite of both contractual and voluntary benefits including access to corporate discounts. Employee benefits will depend on work location and role, however, may include life insurance, income protection, pension and private medical insurance.
Location: Subang jaya, Malaysia.
Contract: Permanent / 5 Days a Week
Stork, a Fluor company, is an expert provider of maintenance, modification and asset integrity services to the global oil and gas, chemicals and process, metals and mining, power, and manufacturing industries. We are dedicated to improving asset performance, safety and cost efficiency for our Clients throughout the complete asset life cycle.
With a team of 19,000 employees in over 100 countries, we serve more than 4,000 Clients across 6 continents.
Stork is dedicated to reducing risk, assuring safety and reducing environment impact through our award-winning value driven HSEQ platform; REACH Beyond Zero. Whilst safety will always remain our core value, the platform not only communicates on Safety but also on Health, Environmental and Quality issues too. We are committed to our transparent, employee-led approach to HSEQ.
One Team, One Stork
As one Stork, we treat all people with dignity, respect each other’s perspective and share knowledge and resources to achieve excellence, deliver value and grow individually and collectively.
We are fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and value the difference that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation. Stork recognises that providing equality of opportunity, valuing diversity and promoting a culture of inclusion and flexibility to our employees is vital to our success.
From school leavers and university graduates to transitioning military veterans, we provide career opportunities with targeted development programmes.
Going above and beyond for our wider community
Stork is dedicated to ensuring we are a socially and environmentally responsible employer and undertake a range of activities to give back and support the communities in which we live and work – from various charity work to working with schools as part of Developing Young Workforce.
- Deck Officer Jobs (20)
- Deck Rating Jobs (12)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (34)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (8)
- Catering Rating Jobs (10)
- Specialist Jobs (2)
- Other Maritime Jobs (2)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (29)
- Offshore Jobs (12)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (0)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (1)
- Other Offshore Jobs (11)