Technical Superintendent (FSRU) - Middle East
- Location: Doha
- Salary: Neg
- Job type: Permanent
- Category: Technical Shipping
- Job Reference: 104508
- Posted on: 28 Apr 2020
Technical Superintendent (FSRU) – Permanent – Middle East – Competitive Package
An internationally renowned organisation with the world's largest fleet of LNG vessels, is recruiting for a Technical Superintendent with FSRU experience to join the team in the Middle East.
The main responsibility of this position is to lead the overall technical management (including technical services provided by third party managers) of LNG vessels under direct management of the Company in a reliable, safe and cost-efficient manner.
Other responsibilities will include;
- Maintaining high technical and operational standards for the vessels in order to meet the reliability benchmarks.
- Striving to achieve industry-wide best standards for vessels, dry docking, repairs and performance.
- Monitoring the system of planned maintenance while ensuring that the same is kept up-to-date and compliant to regulatory requirements.
- Resolving all technical issues and propose solutions and recommendation for the same. Explore any improvement or modification required in vessels while also tracking their status for implementation.
- Preparing budget for vessels, track variances with actual costs as well as take steps to control those variances.
- Ensuring that vessels comply with all regulatory requirements including class and flag as well as certificates and surveys being valid and up-to-date.
- Conducting periodic safety and technical audits, vetting of vessels as well as tracking status of incident investigation. Also preparing systems for incident response and contingency plans as part of the risk management exercise.
- Preparing, arranging and reviewing dry docking specifications and documentations prior to and post every dry-docking.
The ideal candidate will have sailed as a Chief Engineer onboard LNG Vessels and have previous shore-based experience in a similar capacity, preferably with FSRU experience.
You will also have experience of managing large scale repairs/maintenance activities on LNG vessels, preferably FSRU.
To apply or to arrange a confidential career discussion, please email your CV to Michelle McGrath on email@example.com
ARM Maritime; Your First Port of Call.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on ships.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications
Mandatory STCW certificates are required from all applicants.
Please sign up for STCW courses and obtain the certificates if you don't have them yet.
- Deck Officer Jobs (40)
- Deck Rating Jobs (18)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (48)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (12)
- Catering Rating Jobs (10)
- Specialist Jobs (1)
- Other Maritime Jobs (21)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (19)
- Offshore Jobs (3)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (1)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (0)
- Other Offshore Jobs (0)