HSEQ Advisor – North East (HR20017)
- Date posted:
- May 21, 2020
- Posted by:
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs
Job Description as HSEQ Advisor with Stork:
To support and advise business areas to deliver improved HSSEQ compliance and performance, in line with company and client expectations
Task and Responsibilities as HSEQ Advisor
Health and Safety
- Supporting Corporate HSEQ Objectives (REACH Beyond Zero).
- Maintaining legal compliance
- Driving continuous improvements in leading and lagging metric performance
- Support Service and Contract Delivery in:
- Accident / incident investigation.
- Hazard identification and risk assessment.
- Occupational Health and Hygiene requirements
- Work pack HSEQ requirements and providing sign-off.
- Provide guidance and coaching on HSEQ aspects pertinent to business area.
- Provide input to the induction training programme.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of HS & E legislation in area of responsibility.
- Support business delivery of relevant HSEQ plans.
- Support the business in review of safety and environmental legal registers.
- Support business in the delivery of the company audit plans.
- Support relevant systems for continuous improvement.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to produce HSSEQ performance metrics relevant to Ops/Project.
- Liaise with customers to develop and produce project/contract specific interface documents
- Attend customer meetings in relation to HSEQ issues.
At Stork we attach great value to the key competences of our employees. We expect you always give safety the highest priority and that you are strongly working together with others. You are a specialist in your area of expertise and you have a proactive and entrepreneurial attitude.
Specific Requirements for HSEQ Advisor:
Education / Training
- NEBOSH (NGC) and working towards NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational H&S or equivalent.
- NEBOSH Environmental Certificate for Environmental personnel
- Auditing qualification
- Incident Investigation
- Root Cause Analysis training
- COSHH Assessor
- Membership of IOSH or IIRSM (H&S)
- Membership of IEMA (Environmental)
- Membership of CQI (Quality)
- Significant level of experience, understanding and interpretation of UK Health and Safety legislation
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Thorough oral, listening and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Moderate level of experience in HSSEQ role
There are many great reasons to work at Stork –
Competitive salary and Benefits
In order to attract and retain skilled, competent and customer focused people we offer a competitive salary and an extensive benefits package providing a suite of both contractual and voluntary benefits including access to corporate discounts. Employee benefits will depend on work location and role, however, may include life insurance, income protection, pension and private medical insurance.
Hours: 40 Hours
Stork, a Fluor company, is an expert provider of maintenance, modification and asset integrity services to the global oil and gas, chemicals and process, metals and mining, power, and manufacturing industries. We are dedicated to improving asset performance, safety and cost efficiency for our Clients throughout the complete asset life cycle.
With a team of 19,000 employees in over 100 countries, we serve more than 4,000 Clients across 6 continents.
Stork is dedicated to reducing risk, assuring safety and reducing environment impact through our award-winning value driven HSEQ platform; REACH Beyond Zero. Whilst safety will always remain our core value, the platform not only communicates on Safety but also on Health, Environmental and Quality issues too. We are committed to our transparent, employee-led approach to HSEQ.
One Team, One Stork
As one Stork, we treat all people with dignity, respect each other’s perspective and share knowledge and resources to achieve excellence, deliver value and grow individually and collectively.
We are fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation. Stork recognises that providing equality of opportunity, valuing diversity and promoting a culture of inclusion and flexibility to our employees is vital to our success.
From school leavers and university graduates to transitioning military veterans, we provide career opportunities with targeted development programmes.
Going above and beyond for our wider community
Stork is dedicated to ensuring we are a socially and environmentally responsible employer and undertake a range of activities to give back and support the communities in which we live and work – from various charity work to working with schools as part of Developing Young Workforce.
- Deck Officer Jobs (25)
- Deck Rating Jobs (13)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (24)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (7)
- Catering Rating Jobs (9)
- Specialist Jobs (1)
- Other Maritime Jobs (18)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (22)
- Offshore Jobs (13)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (1)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (2)
- Other Offshore Jobs (6)