Marine Compliance & Safety Adviser
I am working with a cruise line company who have seen steady growth who are now seeking Marine Compliance & Safety Advisor to join there team.
In this role you will part of the Marine Team. Your role is to contribute to the safe, efficient and profitable operation of Company ships.
- You will support the development of the Company’s Safety Management System to ensure compliance with statutory requirements and as a result of industry shared information, accidents and hazardous occurrences.
- To provide management and administrative support to the Marine Manager & DPA as directed.
- To carry out comprehensive Accident Investigations as and when required.
- To act as Deputy Designated Person and Deputy Company Security Officer and assume the full range of statutory duties and responsibilities of the Designated Person and Company Security Officer, involving out of office hour / weekend periods at agreed times.
- To organise internal ISM & ISPS audits and ensure records from such audits are processed accordingly.
- To liaise with Flag and Port State Authorities, classification societies and other stakeholders, as required.
Qualifications / experience required;
- Must have significant seafaring experience in senior role, preferably as Chief Mate, Safety Officer or Master.
- Chief Mate Unlimited (or Higher) Certificate of Competency required.
- Must have extensive experience working with cruise vessels
- Previous shore based experience an advantage.
- Sound working knowledge of safety, quality and environmental systems including the International Safety Management (“ISM”) Code required.
You must have the right to work and live in the USA.
Navis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
The post Marine Compliance & Safety Adviser appeared first on Navis Consulting.
- Deck Officer Jobs (56)
- Deck Rating Jobs (26)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (59)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (15)
- Catering Rating Jobs (15)
- Specialist Jobs (5)
- Other Maritime Jobs (10)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (40)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (0)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (8)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (14)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (5)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (4)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (3)
- Offshore Jobs (22)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (2)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (1)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (4)
- Other Offshore Jobs (13)