Technical Manager (LNG) – Glasgow
Technical Manager (LNG) – Permanent – Glasgow – Competitive package
The Technical Manager, is part of the Technical Fleet Services group that provides support to the Gas Fleet Operations and Gas Fleet Business Development activities.
The Fleet Services group provides a variety of support expertise that will focus on longer term strategies and projects as well as providing input/support to the Vessel Managers on any day-to-day issues.
- Work closely with all members of the gas fleet, ship and shore, to enhance operational performance.
- Participate in budget preparation, lifecycle and new business projections.
- Manage vessel commercial and technical performance to ensure compliance with contractual commitments to maximise returns/minimise penalties.
- Undertake performance improvement projects.
- Support Business Development with input on performance parameters, cost projections/spreadsheets and reviews of new build specifications.
- Support the Fleet Services Group and Fleet teams with technical expertise and advice.
- Monitor legislation and cooperate with Global groups on major CAPEX upgrades, research and develop Gas Fleet specific solutions.
- Work closely with Global Procurement as required to optimise contracts.
- Provide cover for Vessel Managers in periods of high workload/absence.
- Guide and mentor graduate members of the team.
- Analytical, problem solving, time management, project management and decision-making skills.
- Ability to respond positively to customers in an effective manner
- Demonstrates teamwork, interpersonal and communications skills
- Experience as Marine Engineer having sailed in a senior rank (Ideally on LNG carriers)
- Knowledge of applicable propulsion plants and technical operations for the vessels operated
- Previous shore-based experience in a similar role
- Must have right to live and work in the UK
Navis Consulting; Keeping your career on course.
Navis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
The post Technical Manager (LNG) – Glasgow appeared first on Navis Consulting.
- Deck Officer Jobs (25)
- Deck Rating Jobs (13)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (24)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (7)
- Catering Rating Jobs (9)
- Specialist Jobs (1)
- Other Maritime Jobs (18)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (22)
- Offshore Jobs (13)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (1)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (2)
- Other Offshore Jobs (6)