Job Description as Technical Estimator with Stork:
Employees in this role has the experience to provide technical guidance, estimating knowledge (both time and staff) to be applied during the estimating process of a turnaround project. After award of turnaround, works on the initial set-up and readiness team who then hand over the set-up to site team for further execution and close out.
Tasks and Responsibilities as Technical Estimator:
- Review (both field and drawings) scope of work and develop job steps and requirements for craft (type and headcount) and man hours for each work pack to be estimated. Determine crew and production levels to support estimate.
- Reviews layouts, designs, work requirements and specifications for cost effectiveness and suggests alternatives methods of work pack execution, when appropriate.
- Provide input to and work with planner / scheduler to generate all the input required for the P6 schedule as required by the tender.
- Work with proposal manager to define the project organization, define the staffing requirements and generate organization charts as required during tenders.
- Provide input to the Project Execution Plan (PEP).
- Writing method statements of work.
- Ability to create workpacks, both piping and mechanical.
- Work with proposal manager and segregate request for proposal into biddable sections for sub-contracting scope, assist to generate scope responsibility matrix that defines who is performing what scope. Assist with subcontractor bid analysis.
- Work with team to generate risk registers, contingency allocations and tender review documents to support management reviews.
- When required, and during execution, support team on change order and estimates.
- Remain current with technology and industry evolution, assuring that capital estimates anticipate the correct market conditions
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Reviews and Maintains lesson learnt dossier for shutdown and maintenance services. Archive job plans after the turnaround is complete and update turnaround equipment history files.
- Ensures that materials and resources are used competently; accurately and carefully follows established procedures for completing work tasks.
- Identify opportunities to improve best practice and implement.
- Participate in Internal Quality (product / system) audit’s as per planned schedules.
- Maintain reports for measurement of functional Quality management system objectives.
- Initiate revisions to existing practices / procedures being the owner of the process.
- Facilitate / give inputs for root cause analysis when needed.
- Ensure key performance indicators are captured and reported
- Contribute to the vision and values of Stork and communicate within the department the importance of achieving customer satisfaction.
- Always develop a culture within the department where Quality, Cost and Delivery is achieved throughout the system by eliminating wastage.
- Be accountable for enforcing compliance to Quality management system (including project quality plan) requirements.
- Ensure appropriate corrective / preventive actions needed are implemented and improvements are sustained by measuring effectiveness.
- Ensure all non-conformities are addressed and closed within the target dates.
- Participate in root cause analysis relevant to product / system non-conformities.
At Stork we attach great value to the key competences of our employees. We expect you always give safety the highest priority and that you are strongly working together with others. You are a specialist in your area of expertise and you have a proactive and entrepreneurial attitude.
Specific Requirements for Technical Estimator:
- 10 years refinery or petrochemical plant with at least 5 turnarounds completed in this position
- Hands on experience through craft ranks
- Had experience in planning field jobs as supervisor and able to create work packs
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders.
- Must be expert in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Power-point, Visio, Word, etc.)
- Ability to read and comprehend correspondence and memos and respond by written correspondence
- Degree holder
We understand that our people are key to achieving Storks ambition to be the Industry reference every day, everywhere and we are proud to have been awarded the Investors in People Silver standard in recognition of our strong employee engagement focus.
There are many great reasons to work at Stork –
Competitive salary and Benefits
In order to attract and retain skilled, competent and customer focused people we offer a competitive salary and an extensive benefits package providing a suite of both contractual and voluntary benefits including access to corporate discounts. Employee benefits will depend on work location and role, however, may include life insurance, income protection pension and private medical insurance.
Location: Abu Dhabi
Hours: 40 Hours – 5 Days a Week
Stork, a Fluor company, is an expert provider of maintenance, modification and asset integrity services to the global oil and gas, chemicals and process, metals and mining, power, and manufacturing industries. We are dedicated to improving asset performance, safety and cost efficiency for our Clients throughout the complete asset life cycle.
With a team of 19,000 employees in over 100 countries, we serve more than 4,000 Clients across 6 continents.
Stork is dedicated to reducing risk, assuring safety and reducing environment impact through our award-winning value driven HSEQ platform; REACH Beyond Zero. Whilst safety will always remain our core value, the platform not only communicates on Safety but also on Health, Environmental and Quality issues too. We are committed to our transparent, employee-led approach to HSEQ.
One Team, One Stork
As one Stork, we treat all people with dignity, respect each other’s perspective and share knowledge and resources to achieve excellence, deliver value and grow individually and collectively.
We are fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation. Stork recognises that providing equality of opportunity, valuing diversity and promoting a culture of inclusion and flexibility to our employees is vital to our success.
From school leavers and university graduates to transitioning military veterans, we provide career opportunities with targeted development programmes.
Going above and beyond for our wider community
Stork is dedicated to ensuring we are a socially and environmentally responsible employer and undertake a range of activities to give back and support the communities in which we live and work – from various charity work to working with schools as part of Developing Young Workforce.
- Deck Officer Jobs (48)
- Deck Rating Jobs (10)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (47)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (6)
- Catering Rating Jobs (14)
- Specialist Jobs (5)
- Other Maritime Jobs (64)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (30)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (0)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (4)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (16)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (5)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (3)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (1)
- Offshore Jobs (44)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (1)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (2)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (2)
- Other Offshore Jobs (38)