Multi-Disciplined Mechanical Fitter (HR19142)
Job Description as Multi-Disciplined Mechanical Fitter with Stork:
To support in the overall delivery of the group’s business objectives, whilst implementing departmental procedures in line with Company standards.
Responsible for plant and equipment maintenance in accordance with company procedures.
Tasks and Responsibilities as Multi-Disciplined Mechanical Fitter:
- General plant & equipment maintenance, in accordance with company procedures and manufacturers guidelines.
- Function test/check of all plant & equipment prior to shipment.
- Assist with the visual inspection of all plant, equipment and ancillary equipment (both company owned and 3rd party) prior to mobilisation.
- Assist with PUWER & LOLER compliance and ensuring that all is in accordance to applicable legislation.
- Assist with ensuring that accurate inspection records are maintained.
- Assist with the compilation of certification packs including operator’s instructions, and ensuring that all are valid.
- Assist with the compilation of check sheets, to facilitate stores manifesting.
- Assist with daily warehouse/yard forklift operations loading/offloading vehicles
- Assist with loading of plant/equipment & scaffold materials into containers/half heights for shipping.
- Assist in maintaining clear hazard free yard/warehouse facilities.
- Actively promote key company behaviors.
- Responsible for Safety Leadership and promotion of Safe Working Practices.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe place of work.
- Responsible for ensuring activities are executed in accordance with Company’s HSEQ policies, systems and plans.
- Compliance with and commitment to Stork HSEQ Policies and Procedures
Specific Requirements for Multi-Disciplined Mechanical Fitter:
Minimum Qualifications / Experience
- Time served mechanic with excellent product knowledge and a minimum of 3 years experience in comparable role.
- Good communication, interpersonal, organizational skills, team player.
- Excellent Aptitude towards Health & Safety.
- Must be prepared to spend time with team developing their skills and expertise.
- Computer Literacy essential.
- B1 Forklift certification.
- Willingness/ability to work within small team assisting/carrying out all tasks within capabilities including labouring, cleaning and brush/roller painting activities when not actively carrying out mechanical duties.
- B2 Forklift certification.
- PUWER & LOLER
- COSHH & Manual Handling
- Task Risk Assessment
- PAT Testing
- Environmental Awareness
- Product Specific Training
- Abrasive Wheel
- Industrial Saw
- WAH Inspection
- Willingness to attend specific training courses as identified by the company
There are many great reasons to work at Stork –
Competitive salary and Benefits
In order to attract and retain skilled, competent and customer focused people we offer a competitive salary and an extensive benefits package providing a suite of both contractual and voluntary benefits including access to corporate discounts. Employee benefits will depend on work location and role, however, may include life insurance, income protection pension and private medical insurance.
Location: Grimsby (may be required to work at other locations to meet the needs of the business)
Hours: 40 Hours
Stork, a Fluor company, is an expert provider of maintenance, modification and asset integrity services to the global oil and gas, chemicals and process, metals and mining, power, and manufacturing industries. We are dedicated to improving asset performance, safety and cost efficiency for our Clients throughout the complete asset life cycle.
With a team of 19,000 employees in over 100 countries, we serve more than 4,000 Clients across 6 continents.
Stork is dedicated to reducing risk, assuring safety and reducing environment impact through our award-winning value driven HSEQ platform; REACH Beyond Zero. Whilst safety will always remain our core value, the platform not only communicates on Safety but also on Health, Environmental and Quality issues too. We are committed to our transparent, employee-led approach to HSEQ.
One Team, One Stork
As one Stork, we treat all people with dignity, respect each other’s perspective and share knowledge and resources to achieve excellence, deliver value and grow individually and collectively.
We are fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation. Stork recognises that providing equality of opportunity, valuing diversity and promoting a culture of inclusion and flexibility to our employees is vital to our success.
From school leavers and university graduates to transitioning military veterans, we provide career opportunities with targeted development programmes.
Going above and beyond for our wider community
Stork is dedicated to ensuring we are a socially and environmentally responsible employer and undertake a range of activities to give back and support the communities in which we live and work – from various charity work to working with schools as part of Developing Young Workforce.
- Deck Officer Jobs (42)
- Deck Rating Jobs (12)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (43)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (1)
- Catering Rating Jobs (17)
- Specialist Jobs (3)
- Other Maritime Jobs (50)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (30)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (2)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (3)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (17)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (6)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (0)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (1)
- Offshore Jobs (40)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (1)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (1)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (2)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (3)
- Other Offshore Jobs (30)