IT Business Analyst (HR19144) – Fixed Term – Mat Cover
Job Description as IT Business Analyst with Stork:
Predictable and sustainable performance of the business applications according to agreed standards and SLA’s, including changes, extensions and adequate user support.
Tasks and Responsibilities as IT Business Analyst:
Business Consulting and Project Management
- Assess business needs and translate into project proposals (PID) including scope, milestone and resource plans.
- Set up project plans together with business owners and according to PMO standards.
- Execution of projects with clear, efficient and logical work approaches for self and others and in line with the defined IT Governance models.
- Managing the team members and team related tasks to achieve project goals.
- Translate functional demands and specifications in design and customizing specifications.
- Log application incidents (functionality / availability) and standard change requests
- Assess impact and resolve (first-time fix) or forward to 2nd line
- Monitor and manage services provided from 2nd/3rd line of support: setting priorities, monitoring progress against agreed SLA times.
Incident and Problem Management
- Analyse logged incidents and provide solution within agreed SLAs.
- Propose and implement solutions or raise change requests.
- Conduct root cause analysis and monitor incident trends to address underlying problems.
- Evaluate and analyse change requests from the Business and assess impact on process, application, data structures and costs.
- Translate business demands into functional design and customizing specifications.
- Process changes according to Change Management policies and procedures, including regression testing, inclusion in the Release Calendar, updating of involved documentation.
- Deploy new or changed functionality to users.
- Testing of new releases of systems and applications according to applicable procedures and tools.
- This includes Unit Test, Integrated Product Test and User Acceptance test.
- Apply and develop use of standard tools, scripts and data sets for repeatable testing.
- Support key-users and end-users in their day-to-day use of applications by:
- Assessing business understanding, usage and readiness
- Providing training sessions
- Maintaining user manuals
- Answer questions regarding the available functionality and the use of systems and software applications
At Stork we attach great value to the key competences of our employees. We expect you always give safety the highest priority and that you are strongly working together with others. You are a specialist in your area of expertise and you have a proactive and entrepreneurial attitude.
Specific Requirements for IT Business Analyst:
- Middle vocational level / bachelor degree in IT / IM or Business Administration / Logistics or Finance
- Business Application Certifications / Accreditations
- Certification in ITSM (ITIL) or Project Management (Prince / IPM)
- 3-4 years in application management or functional consulting
- Managing small projects
- Writing functional specs
- Managing Service Desk
- Direct colleagues / 3rd parties to conduct configuration / testing activities
- Conduct User training
- Good communication skills in mother tongue plus English
- Ability to set priorities and control work of others
We understand that our people are key to achieving Storks ambition to be the Industry reference every day, everywhere and we are proud to have been awarded the Investors in People Silver standard in recognition of our strong employee engagement focus.
There are many great reasons to work at Stork –
Competitive salary and Benefits
In order to attract and retain skilled, competent and customer focused people we offer a competitive salary and an extensive benefits package providing a suite of both contractual and voluntary benefits including access to corporate discounts. Employee benefits will depend on work location and role, however, may include life insurance, income protection pension and private medical insurance.
In addition we recognize the importance of providing flexibility to our employees and offer a Flexi Friday working arrangement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave.
Location: Dyce, Aberdeen
Hours: 40 Hours
Contract: Temporary – 12 Months
Stork, a Fluor company, is an expert provider of maintenance, modification and asset integrity services to the global oil and gas, chemicals and process, metals and mining, power, and manufacturing industries. We are dedicated to improving asset performance, safety and cost efficiency for our Clients throughout the complete asset life cycle.
With a team of 19,000 employees in over 100 countries, we serve more than 4,000 Clients across 6 continents.
Stork is dedicated to reducing risk, assuring safety and reducing environment impact through our award-winning value driven HSEQ platform; REACH Beyond Zero. Whilst safety will always remain our core value, the platform not only communicates on Safety but also on Health, Environmental and Quality issues too. We are committed to our transparent, employee-led approach to HSEQ.
One Team, One Stork
As one Stork, we treat all people with dignity, respect each other’s perspective and share knowledge and resources to achieve excellence, deliver value and grow individually and collectively.
We are fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation. Stork recognises that providing equality of opportunity, valuing diversity and promoting a culture of inclusion and flexibility to our employees is vital to our success.
From school leavers and university graduates to transitioning military veterans, we provide career opportunities with targeted development programmes.
Going above and beyond for our wider community
Stork is dedicated to ensuring we are a socially and environmentally responsible employer and undertake a range of activities to give back and support the communities in which we live and work – from various charity work to working with schools as part of Developing Young Workforce.
- Deck Officer Jobs (42)
- Deck Rating Jobs (12)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (43)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (1)
- Catering Rating Jobs (17)
- Specialist Jobs (3)
- Other Maritime Jobs (50)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (30)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (2)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (3)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (17)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (6)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (0)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (1)
- Offshore Jobs (40)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (1)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (1)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (2)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (3)
- Other Offshore Jobs (30)