Mechanical Fitter (HR19142)
Job Description as Mechanical Fitter with Stork:
To support in the overall delivery of the Group’s business objectives, whilst implementing departmental procedures in line with Company standards. This role requires interaction with internal colleagues of various levels, external parties and clients within the offshore industry. The successful individual will be responsible for all electrical plant and equipment repairs in accordance with procedures.
Tasks and Responsibilities as Mechanical Fitter:
Servicing, Maintenance & Testing
- General plant & equipment maintenance, in accordance with procedures and manufacturers guidelines.
- Function checking of all plant & equipment.
- Assist with PUWER & LOLER compliance and ensuring that all is in accordance to applicable legislation
- Assist with the visual inspection of all plant, equipment and ancillary equipment (both company owned and 3rd party) prior to mobilisation.
- Attend & contribute to health and safety training and briefs.
- Assist in maintaining own and others’ health and safety.
- Contribute to a culture of HSEQ improvement.
- Support quality, efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Execute work safely and reliably and to a quality standard.
- Ensure you are adequately trained to carry out the job.
- Develop others skills and experience.
- Assist with the compilation of check sheets, to facilitate stores manifesting.
- Assist with ensuring that accurate inspection records are maintained.
- Assist with the compilation of certification packs including operators instructions, and ensuring that all are valid.
Specific Requirements for Mechanical Fitter:
- GCSE, Higher education or experience commensurate with the role and have demonstrated an appropriate level of technical competence.
- Time served mechanic with excellent product knowledge and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in comparable role.
- PUWER & LOLER
- COSHH & Manual Handling
- Task Risk Assessment
- Environmental Awareness
- Product Specific Training
- ATEX Training
- Experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience in a similar role in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Knowledge of range of services Stork does and can provide to the client.
We understand that our people are key to achieving Storks ambition to be the Industry reference every day, everywhere and we are proud to have been awarded the Investors in People Silver standard in recognition of our strong employee engagement focus.
There are many great reasons to work at Stork –
Competitive salary and Benefits
In order to attract and retain skilled, competent and customer focused people we offer a competitive salary and an extensive benefits package providing a suite of both contractual and voluntary benefits including access to corporate discounts. Employee benefits will depend on work location and role, however, may include life insurance, income protection pension and private medical insurance.
In addition we recognize the importance of providing flexibility to our employees and offer a Flexi Friday working arrangement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
Hours: 40 Hours
Stork, a Fluor company, is an expert provider of maintenance, modification and asset integrity services to the global oil and gas, chemicals and process, metals and mining, power, and manufacturing industries. We are dedicated to improving asset performance, safety and cost efficiency for our Clients throughout the complete asset life cycle.
With a team of 19,000 employees in over 100 countries, we serve more than 4,000 Clients across 6 continents.
Stork is dedicated to reducing risk, assuring safety and reducing environment impact through our award-winning value driven HSEQ platform; REACH Beyond Zero. Whilst safety will always remain our core value, the platform not only communicates on Safety but also on Health, Environmental and Quality issues too. We are committed to our transparent, employee-led approach to HSEQ.
One Team, One Stork
As one Stork, we treat all people with dignity, respect each other’s perspective and share knowledge and resources to achieve excellence, deliver value and grow individually and collectively.
We are fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation. Stork recognises that providing equality of opportunity, valuing diversity and promoting a culture of inclusion and flexibility to our employees is vital to our success.
From school leavers and university graduates to transitioning military veterans, we provide career opportunities with targeted development programmes.
Going above and beyond for our wider community
Stork is dedicated to ensuring we are a socially and environmentally responsible employer and undertake a range of activities to give back and support the communities in which we live and work – from various charity work to working with schools as part of Developing Young Workforce.
- Deck Officer Jobs (41)
- Deck Rating Jobs (16)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (59)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (2)
- Catering Rating Jobs (9)
- Specialist Jobs (2)
- Other Maritime Jobs (48)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (49)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (2)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (10)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (21)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (7)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (3)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (4)
- Offshore Jobs (44)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (3)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (3)
- Other Offshore Jobs (36)