Fugro currently has the following offshore vacancies based in Aberdeen:
Fugro is the world’s leading, independent provider of geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions for large constructions, infrastructure and natural resources. We provide the technical data and information required to design, construct and maintain large structures and infrastructure in a safe, reliable and efficient manner. Working around the globe, predominantly in energy and infrastructure markets, we employ approximately 10,000 employees in around 65 countries.
Fugro currently has vacancies for Engineers to join the Marine Site Characterisation; Positioning & Construction Support and IRM areas of its business. These are exciting opportunities for Engineers to work worldwide assisting with onshore and offshore survey, inspection and positioning tasks. The role of an Engineer is varied and offers the opportunity to not only set up, test, operate and maintain a variety of market-leading survey and positioning systems but also the opportunity to collect, arrange and present results from various survey sensors across the globe.
This role would suit you if:
- You want to be part of a great team
- You would like to work for a company who puts safety first
- You are willing to work offshore
- You have previous offshore experience on a variety of survey projects
Roles and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities associated with this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To setup, interface, test, maintain, calibrate and operate acquisition sensors.
- To operate various acquisition systems / software and monitor the data quality to ensure the survey specification is achieved, bringing non-conformances to the attention of the Senior Engineer, Team Lead or Technical Coordinator. Taking immediate corrective action whenever possible.
- To collect, collate and present results from various acquisition sensors.
- The preparation of various reports including equipment damage/fault reports.
- To maintain comprehensive hand-over notes.
- During the conduct of any watch period maintain comprehensive data acquisition logs.
- To develop and maintain experience with acquisition software and survey techniques.
- To develop and maintain skills across various offshore disciplines.
- To actively engage in the implementation of initiatives and campaigns instigated at the worksite or within the organisation.
- BSc / HND or equivalent in a relevant electronics / IT related discipline OR equivalent vocational qualifications and experience.
- Minimum of 180 operational days offshore.
- Experience of project type including but not limited to geophysical, construction support, positioning, inspection, repair and maintenance surveys.
- Proficient in the setup, calibration and operation of commonly used survey sensors such as USBL, MBES, SSS, SBP, DVL/INS, pipetracker and seismic recording systems.
- Good understanding of computer system hardware.
- Fault finding and reporting.
- Computer literacy including networking.
- Implementation of Preventative Maintenance Systems.
- Must live within 3 hours travel time of a major UK airport.
For more information on each role please refer to the detailed job description and person specification.
To make an application, please click the ‘Apply’ button below.
Closing date for applications is 25 October 2019.
- Deck Officer Jobs (41)
- Deck Rating Jobs (16)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (59)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (2)
- Catering Rating Jobs (9)
- Specialist Jobs (2)
- Other Maritime Jobs (48)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (49)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (2)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (10)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (21)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (7)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (3)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (4)
- Offshore Jobs (44)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (3)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (3)
- Other Offshore Jobs (36)