Rope Access Insulator
Job Description Rope Access Insulator with Stork:
All TIE personnel will be capable of carrying out the basic Insulation techniques in a safe manner using a mix of Insulation skills that have been learned during training and developed with experience to carry out the primary role.
Tasks And Responsibilities As Rope Access Insulator:
Minimum Task Achievement Requirements
- Attending pre-mobilisation safety brief with base management
- Arriving at the work site at the pre-arranged time
- Notifying base management at the earliest opportunity of any condition or situation that may prevent them from mobilising to the worksite
- Following the instructions of the nominated team leader and / or safety supervisor
- Being fully conversant with the Stork task related procedures
- Reporting all accidents, incidents & near misses to line supervision immediately
- Conducting daily functionality checks on equipment
- Ensuring the safety of colleagues by undertaking “buddy checks”
- Bringing incidents of un-safe working practices to the attention of the nominated supervision
- Conducting themselves in a safe, responsible and professional manner
- Not misusing or mistreating company or 3rd party equipment
- Being environmentally aware and reporting any infringements of the company health, safety, environmental and quality policies to the nominated supervision
- Provide general insulation services to support construction/maintenance activities on various job sites
- Shall be qualified in insulation procedures through proof of training and experience
- Participate in all pre-job "Tool Box Talks"
- Wear proper PPE according to safety procedures
Operatives Commitment To Safety Duties
- Be actively involved and contribute to completing an onsite Task Based Risk Assessment which identifies additional risks or hazards involved in the workscope prior to work commencing.
- Ensuring they are working under the correct valid permits and the associated paper work is in place prior to work commencing.
- Be actively involved in the onsite daily tool box talk confirm that they understand what the workscope involves and be aware if there any changes to the work or worksite.
- Ensure all equipment has been fully safety checked, function test of plant equipment prior to use.
- As a minimum do not start work until satisfied all of the above is in place
- If in doubt ask Supervisor
Requirements For Rope Access Insulator:
At Stork we attach great value to the key competences of our employees. We expect you always give safety the highest priority and that you are strongly working together with others. You are a specialist in your area of expertise and you have a proactive and entrepreneurial attitude.
Specific Requirements For Rope Access Insulator:
Core Training Requirements
- Stork Core HSEQ Training
- Apprenticeship in Thermal Insulation
- CITB Papers
- City & Guilds
- Working at Height Module 2
- 3M 4255
- Alpha Solway 3030 Facefit
If Rope Access level 1 or 2 then must have:
- RATA Rope Access Level 1
- Experience on ropes within the last 6 months (evidence – IRATA log book)
If Rope Access level 3 then must have:
- Level 1 & 2 requirements
- Task Based Risk Assessment
Stork is a dynamic, international and rapidly growing organization. We offer a highly competitive salary and an extensive package of fringe benefits. Next to this we attach great value to personal development of our employees and therefore offer a wide range of education programs and have a strong focus on accompaniment and knowledge sharing and transfer.
Hours: 12 hours per shift (however can vary due to operational requirements)
Contract: Permanent – 2/3 rotation
Stork, a Fluor company, is an expert provider of maintenance, modification and asset integrity services to the global oil and gas, chemicals and process, metals and mining, power, and manufacturing industries. We are dedicated to improving asset performance, safety and cost efficiency for our Clients throughout the complete asset life cycle.
With a team of 19,000 employees in over 100 countries, we serve more than 4,000 Clients across 6 continents.
Stork is dedicated to reducing risk, assuring safety and reducing environment impact through our award-winning value driven HSEQ platform; REACH Beyond Zero. Whilst safety will always remain our core value, the platform not only communicates on Safety but also on Health, Environmental and Quality issues too. We are committed to our transparent, employee-led approach to HSEQ.
Our culture and people:
As a knowledge-based integrity management company our people are our greatest asset. Our culture and shared values underpins everything we do. By caring for the development of our people, who are proud to contribute to Stork’s high performance culture, we provide a positive, dynamic and supportive working environment. In turn, this aids in the enhancement of our employees’ personal development as well as career opportunities and advancement. As part of our team we will strive to help you achieve your greatest potential.
- Deck Officer Jobs (48)
- Deck Rating Jobs (10)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (47)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (6)
- Catering Rating Jobs (14)
- Specialist Jobs (5)
- Other Maritime Jobs (64)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (30)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (0)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (4)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (16)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (5)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (3)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (1)
- Offshore Jobs (44)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (1)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (2)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (2)
- Other Offshore Jobs (38)