Head of Business Development
Head of Business Development (Port operations) – Permanent – Southampton – £50,000 – £70,000.
This is an exciting opportunity for a strategic and innovative individual to join a growing Port operator.
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy that proves effective in attracting new business both in the near and long-term.
- Work with the senior leadership team to design and develop the business development/growth plans, including the allocation of port space to individual customers.
- Review and revise business plans in line with developing revenue opportunities.
- Provide market intelligence and advise on which industries to target for future business.
- Develop and implement new systems and processes for sales and marketing reporting and monitoring.
- Lead on commercial activity including drafting Heads of terms, Contracts and Non-Disclosure Agreements.
- Setting and negotiating prices for current and potential customers.
- Being the initial point of contact for all enquiries on commercial activity to ensure the company is presented as a professional and effective organisation.
- Deep experience in the port and shipping industry.
- An effective network across the port and shipping industry that provides strong market intelligence and attracts business.
- Demonstrable knowledge of market opportunities suitable for the size of the port and which markets to target.
- Commercial experience, particularly in producing Heads of Terms and contracts.
- Strong sales and marketing skills that will widen the reputation of and attract business to the port.
- A deep understanding of port operations and port development, including the use of technology to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ability to work as part of a senior leadership team under high pressure and at a fast pace.
This presents a unique opportunity to join a port operator with excellent potential for growth.
Navis Consulting; Keeping your career on course.
Navis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
The post Head of Business Development appeared first on Navis Consulting.
- Deck Officer Jobs (40)
- Deck Rating Jobs (18)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (49)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (13)
- Catering Rating Jobs (11)
- Specialist Jobs (1)
- Other Maritime Jobs (23)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (19)
- Offshore Jobs (3)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (1)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (0)
- Other Offshore Jobs (0)