Head of Business - Maritime & Ports
- Date posted:
- June 10, 2019
- ARM Marine & Shipping
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs
- Havant, Hampshire, England
- Location: Havant, Hampshire, England
- Salary: Neg
- Job type: Permanent
- Category: Marine & Shipping
- Job Reference: 997591
- Posted on: 10 Jun 2019
Our marine client based in Southampton are looking for an experienced Business Development professional to become their newly appointed Head of Business for the Port. This brand new opportunity means you will be leading from the front, with your main focus to attract new business into the port including land and maritime based commercial activity.
- SGL lead for Sales and Marketing. Responsible for attracting new business to the port including maritime- and land-orientated commercial activity.
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy for SGL that proves effective in attracting new business.
- Work with the SGL team to design and develop the business development plan for Solent Gateway, including the allocation of port space to individual customers.
- Review and revise the SGL business plan in line with developing revenue opportunities.
- Provide market intelligence for SGL and advise on which industries to target for future business.
- Develop and implement new systems and processes for sales and marketing reporting and monitoring.
- Lead on commercial activity including drafting Heads of terms, Contracts and Non Disclosure Agreements.
- Setting and negotiating prices for current and potential customers of Solent Gateway.
- Being the initial point of contact for all enquiries on commercial activity to ensure SGL is presented as a professional and effective organisation.
- Deep experience in the port and shipping industry.
- An effective network across the port and shipping industry that provides strong market intelligence and attracts business.
- Demonstrable knowledge of market opportunities suitable for a port the size of Solent Gateway and which markets to target.
- Commercial experience, particularly in producing Heads of Terms and contracts.
- Strong sales and marketing skills that will widen the reputation of Solent Gateway and attract business to the port.
- A deep understanding of port operations and port development, including the use of technology to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ability to work as part of a senior leadership team under high pressure and at a fast pace.
- A track record of sales and marketing activity that led to hitting or exceeding targets
The ideal candidate will have come from a shipping/maritime/port background who might have the network within the industry to hit the ground running as well as the ability to 'hit the ground running'.
Please contact Jasmine for more information on this role; along with a copy of your CV, notice period information and interview availability.
*Applications & Phone Screen Interviews close Friday 21st June - 9am.
Face to Face Interviews are being held w/c 24th June.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on ships.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications
Mandatory STCW certificates are required from all applicants.
Please sign up for STCW courses and obtain the certificates if you don't have them yet.
- Deck Officer Jobs (41)
- Deck Rating Jobs (16)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (52)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (1)
- Catering Rating Jobs (17)
- Specialist Jobs (4)
- Other Maritime Jobs (54)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (28)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (1)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (4)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (13)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (7)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (1)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (1)
- Offshore Jobs (40)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (1)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (2)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (3)
- Other Offshore Jobs (31)