Electrical Technician (HR19081)
Job Description Electrical Technician with Stork:
Electrical Technicians should maintain electrical efficiency by preventive maintenance and testing of electrical equipment and control systems, and fault finding and/or repair of malfunctions. An extensive knowledge of site safety and emergency shutdown electrical systems, good knowledge and appreciation of interaction between control/process & power systems, and to provide or source technical expertise for operation is expected when required. It is their responsibility to ensure that plant and equipment is maintained on a regular basis throughout the workscope duration, being a key member as part of the team to deliver a high standard of work on project completion.
Tasks And Responsibilities As Electrical Technician:
Minimum Task Achievement Requirements
- Set up / Test & operate equipment
- Preventative maintenance
- Fault finding
- Isolation to HSE C.O.P.
- PTW operations/Compliance
- Attending pre-mobilisation safety brief with base management
- Arriving at the work site at the pre-arranged time
Operatives Commitment To Safety Duties
- Be actively involved and contribute to completing an onsite Task Based Risk Assessment which identifies additional risks or hazards involved in the work scope prior to work commencing.
- Ensuring they are working under the correct valid permits and the associated paper work is in place prior to work commencing.
- Be actively involved in the onsite daily tool box talk confirm that he understands what the work scope involves and be aware if there any changes to the work or worksite.
- Ensure all equipment has been fully safety checked, function test of plant equipment prior to use.
- As a minimum do not start work until satisfied all of the above is in place
- If in doubt ask the Supervisor
Requirements For Electrical Technician:
At Stork we attach great value to the key competences of our employees. We expect you always give safety the highest priority and that you are strongly working together with others. You are a specialist in your area of expertise and you have a proactive and entrepreneurial attitude.
Specific Requirements For Electrical Technician:
Skills, Understanding and Knowledge
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Motivated Team Member
- Good Housekeeping Standards
- Good Hazard Identification Skills
- Trace Heating Awareness
Core Training Requirements
- Stork Core HSEQ Training
- ECITB Level 3 With Relevant Apprenticeship Details and Trade Experience Verification
- City & Guilds – Level 3 – Inspect, Test & Cert of Electrical Installations
- City & Guilds – Level 3 – in Electrotechnical Services
- Approved Electrician
- CompEx Ex01 – Ex04
- CompEx Refresher Ex01 – Ex04 (every 5 years)
- Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
If Rope Access level 1 or 2 then must have:
- IRATA Rope Access Level 1
- Experience on ropes within the last 6 months (evidence – IRATA log book)
If Rope Access level 3 then must have:
- Level 1 & 2 requirements
- Task Based Risk Assessment
- Approved First Aid
- Portable anchor awareness (eg – Iron Wing Awareness)
Stork is a dynamic, international and rapidly growing organization. We offer a highly competitive salary and an extensive package of fringe benefits. Next to this we attach great value to personal development of our employees and therefore offer a wide range of education programs and have a strong focus on accompaniment and knowledge sharing and transfer.
Hours: 38.75 hours per week
Stork, a Fluor company, is an expert provider of maintenance, modification and asset integrity services to the global oil and gas, chemicals and process, metals and mining, power, and manufacturing industries. We are dedicated to improving asset performance, safety and cost efficiency for our Clients throughout the complete asset life cycle.
With a team of 19,000 employees in over 100 countries, we serve more than 4,000 Clients across 6 continents.
Stork is dedicated to reducing risk, assuring safety and reducing environment impact through our award-winning value driven HSEQ platform; REACH Beyond Zero. Whilst safety will always remain our core value, the platform not only communicates on Safety but also on Health, Environmental and Quality issues too. We are committed to our transparent, employee-led approach to HSEQ.
Our culture and people:
As a knowledge-based integrity management company our people are our greatest asset. Our culture and shared values underpins everything we do. By caring for the development of our people, who are proud to contribute to Stork’s high performance culture, we provide a positive, dynamic and supportive working environment. In turn, this aids in the enhancement of our employees’ personal development as well as career opportunities and advancement. As part of our team we will strive to help you achieve your greatest potential.
- Deck Officer Jobs (63)
- Deck Rating Jobs (26)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (84)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (11)
- Catering Rating Jobs (21)
- Specialist Jobs (4)
- Other Maritime Jobs (95)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (34)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (3)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (11)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (14)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (3)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (1)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (2)
- Offshore Jobs (63)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (2)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (3)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (7)
- Other Offshore Jobs (49)