Senior Technical Manager (Dry Cargo) - Glasgow
- Location: Glasgow City, Scotland
- Salary: Neg
- Job type: Permanent
- Category: Technical Shipping
- Job Reference: 99345
- Posted on: 15 May 2019
Senior Technical Manager (Dry Cargo) – Glasgow – Permanent – Highly Competitive
A leading Ship Owner based in Glasgow is currently recruiting for a Senior Technical Manager to join the busy team.
In conjunction with the Head of Technical Services, this position will be required to lead and manage the Technical Managers team to achieve the standards and objectives set.
Other responsibilities will include;
- Responsibility for the resolution of technical issues affecting operations ensuring safe and efficient resolution and minimum time to repair vessels.
- Supporting the production of technical budgets for vessels and control technical costs in line with the agreed running repairs budget.
- Managing the vessel defect reporting system, responding to defects in a timely manner.
- Ensuring all necessary documentation and equipment required for relevant vessels are maintained and comply with relevant legislation.
- Responsibility for direct reports/team development, achieved by regular one to ones and yearly set objectives underpinned by the organisational goals.
The successful candidate will have sailed as a Chief Engineer onboard Dry Cargo vessels and have shore-based experience in a Management capacity.
The ideal candidate will also be able to demonstrate experience of prioritisation, decision-making and producing results in a high pressure environment.
You will also be able to demonstrate strong budget management experience with the ability to employ cost control techniques.
*You must be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this position*
ARM Maritime; Your First Port of Call
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on ships.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications
Mandatory STCW certificates are required from all applicants.
Please sign up for STCW courses and obtain the certificates if you don't have them yet.
- Deck Officer Jobs (34)
- Deck Rating Jobs (16)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (52)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (2)
- Catering Rating Jobs (9)
- Specialist Jobs (2)
- Other Maritime Jobs (49)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (51)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (3)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (10)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (22)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (7)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (3)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (4)
- Offshore Jobs (40)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (3)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (3)
- Other Offshore Jobs (33)