Deputy Harbour Master (Upper District) - London
- Location: Greater London, England
- Salary: Neg
- Job type: Permanent
- Category: Technical Shipping
- Job Reference: 99315
- Posted on: 14 May 2019
Deputy Harbour Master (Ports) – London – Permanent – Excellent Package
A leading Port Operator is currently recruiting for a Deputy Harbour Master to join the office in Central London.
Responsible for the Upper District of the Thames, this positon will support the Harbour Master as day-to-day departmental manager in directing and co-ordinating the provision of a safe, cost effective and efficient service.
Key responsibilities of the role will include;
- Supporting the Chief Harbour Master team in fulfilling their responsibilities to provide a safe and efficient port for all users
- When necessary, supervising and assisting another Deputy Harbour Master with the investigation of navigational and pollution incidents and byelaw infringements in order to safeguard navigation in the Thames.
- Examining and assessing candidates for National Boatmasters certificates for competence in local knowledge.
- Assisting Harbour Master (Upper) regarding the safe construction of river works and the conduct of major river-related projects to avoid impeding navigation and to promote enhanced trade.
- Undertaking any further duties, as required by the Chief Harbour Master team.
The successful candidate will hold a STCW II/2 (Masters Unlimited) Certificate of Competency or equivalent, or a lesser STCW / BML Certificate, with relevant experience or hold a UK national Harbour Master’s Certificate.
You will also have previous experience within a similar position or a relevant management role within the Marine and Ports industry.
Excellent communication skills, strong decision making skills and the ability to work under pressure are also essential requirements.
*You must be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this position*
ARM Maritime; Your First Port of Call
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on ships.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications
Mandatory STCW certificates are required from all applicants.
Please sign up for STCW courses and obtain the certificates if you don't have them yet.
- Deck Officer Jobs (63)
- Deck Rating Jobs (26)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (84)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (11)
- Catering Rating Jobs (21)
- Specialist Jobs (4)
- Other Maritime Jobs (95)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (34)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (3)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (11)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (14)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (3)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (1)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (2)
- Offshore Jobs (63)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (2)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (3)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (7)
- Other Offshore Jobs (49)