Business Unit Manager – NW England (HR19062)
Job Description For Business Unit Manager – NW England
Execute and implement the business strategy for their specified business area in UK&A delivery, in alignment with functional business objectives, in order to realise the agreed results, market position and safety performance of Stork in the short and long term.
Tasks And Responsibilities As
Business Area Strategy and Plans:
- Align the specific Business area strategy with the Delivery functional objectives.
- Provide direction to all business area managers under their direct reports.
- Communicate plans and objectives with various management levels.
Business Planning and Resourcing:
- Develop an annual business area plan and budget in alignment with Delivery objectives.
- Ensure execution of the plan after approval by UK & MEA Business Board.
- Monitor and report on performance against plan, make changes/corrective actions as required, evaluate results against plan.
- Ensure regular review and reporting of progress in realization of business plans and financial results.
- Direct the identification, investigation and negotiations of new business opportunities with the business area, including enhancement and extension of existing contracts.
- Develop the general management of the business area to achieve budgeted profit.
- Exceed sales targets and achieve optimum gross margins.
- Control overhead expenditure and increase corporate growth
Business Unit Management:
- Oversees the implementation of the business/operational management systems required to enable the business area operations to be managed, controlled and reported on.
- Ensure effective collaboration and co-operation between functional disciplines across the matrix, in order to achieve effective implementation of the business area plan.
Staff Managment and Performance:
- Providing direction to all business area staff to ensure operational efficiency of their respective areas of control to ensure that best levels of sales and profits are attained.
- Guide the implementation of the Corporate & Regional HR policies within business area.
- Lead, manage and develop business area staff within corporate and UK&A HR policies.
- Requisition and effective selection of staff, as appropriate.
- Ensure and implement adequate resources and an effective organisational structure,
- Attend & contribute to health and safety training and briefs.
- Assist in maintaining own and others’ health and safety.
- Contribute to a culture of HSEQ improvement.
- Support quality, efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Execute work safely and reliably and to a quality standard while ensuring you are adequately trained to carry out the job
Stakeholder Management & Networking
- Maintain network of internal contacts, engage and integrate the needs of all stakeholder groups in the prioritization, review and delivery of business area results.
- Build, co-ordinate and maintain relationships with key clients, aimed towards the extension of Stork’s network and partnerships.
- Build, co-ordinate and maintain relationships with key suppliers, aimed towards the extension of Stork’s network and partnerships.
- Build and maintain a network with relevant authorities in the business area and across the business.
- Ensure the exchange of best practice and continuous improvement across the organisation.
- Ensure that all business in conducted in compliance with Stork legal, legal and CSR policies and standards.
Requirements For Business Unit Manager
At Stork we attach great value to the key competences of our employees. We expect you always give safety the highest priority and that you are strongly working together with others. You are a specialist in your area of expertise and you have a proactive and entrepreneurial attitude.
Specific Requirements For Business Unit Manager
- Bachelor or master degree in relevant technical discipline; or equivalent demonstrable experience of working at this level.
- Extensive relevant commercial, operational, management and industry experience
- Perform project inspections to ensure that both client and company HSEQ requirements are being met
- Accident Investigation
- Emergency response duties as required
- Certifications/Training required:
- ECITB Safety Leadership
- Senior Manager Responsibilities for H&S
Stork is a dynamic, international and rapidly growing organization. We offer a highly competitive salary and an extensive package of fringe benefits. Next to this we attach great value to personal development of our employees and therefore offer a wide range of education programs and have a strong focus on accompaniment and knowledge sharing and transfer.
Location: NW England
Hours: 40 hours per week
Stork, a Fluor company, is an expert provider of maintenance, modification and asset integrity services to the global oil and gas, chemicals and process, metals and mining, power, and manufacturing industries. We are dedicated to improving asset performance, safety and cost efficiency for our Clients throughout the complete asset life cycle.
With a team of 19,000 employees in over 100 countries, we serve more than 4,000 Clients across 6 continents.
Stork is dedicated to reducing risk, assuring safety and reducing environment impact through our award-winning value driven HSEQ platform; REACH Beyond Zero. Whilst safety will always remain our core value, the platform not only communicates on Safety but also on Health, Environmental and Quality issues too. We are committed to our transparent, employee-led approach to HSEQ.
Our culture and people:
As a knowledge-based integrity management company our people are our greatest asset. Our culture and shared values underpins everything we do. By caring for the development of our people, who are proud to contribute to Stork’s high performance culture, we provide a positive, dynamic and supportive working environment. In turn, this aids in the enhancement of our employees’ personal development as well as career opportunities and advancement. As part of our team we will strive to help you achieve your greatest potential.
- Deck Officer Jobs (48)
- Deck Rating Jobs (12)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (59)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (5)
- Catering Rating Jobs (12)
- Specialist Jobs (2)
- Other Maritime Jobs (70)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (20)
- Offshore Jobs (72)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (0)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (4)
- Other Offshore Jobs (63)