Rope Access Team Leader with OPITO Level 2 Painting / Chartek
Job Description Rope Access Team Leader with OPITO Level 2 Painting / Chartek with Stork:
A level 3 Team Leader will be capable of carrying out advanced rope access techniques in order to gain access to the work areas, in a safe manner using a mix of rope access skills that have been learned during training, and developed as experience is gained to carry out the primary role. A Level 3 Team Leader is the primary safety supervisor directly responsible for the safety of the team of rope access personnel should there be an incident, he will initiate a rescue with the assistance of the team. The Level 3 Team Leader is the link between the client and their safety system and will ensure that work is carried out safely and efficiently.
An individual who is self-motivated with a strong sense of team involvement, information sharing and mutual support. Work with a heightened awareness of HSEQ. The ability to challenge conventional methods of working and to examine options and possible solutions within reason prior to seeking advice from onshore project support.
Tasks And Responsibilities As Rope Access Team Leader with OPITO Level 2 Painting / Chartek:
Minimum Task Achievement Requirements
A Level 3 Team Leader is capable of complete responsibility for rope access safety in work projects; is able to demonstrate the skills and knowledge required of Levels 1 & 2; is conversant with the relevant work techniques and legislation; has an extensive knowledge of advanced rigging and rescue techniques; holds an appropriate and current first aid certificate and has knowledge of the IRATA certification scheme.
- Attending pre-mobilisation brief with base management
- Informing relevant authorities of any “no shows”
- Attending client / company representative’s task brief on arrival at the work site
- Controlling & issuing all PPE, plant & materials as mobilised to work site
- Briefing all team members of their tasks and responsibilities
- Conducting on going Toolbox Talks (TBT’s) in accordance with procedure 30.2-PR-011
- Arranging all “Permits to Work” as required in order to comply with client’s system
- Ensuring that all tasks are conducted in a safe / competent manner implementing Stork company discipline and safety procedures
- Acting as the team welfare representative and resolving / communicating problems to the relevant parties
- Complying with method statements & task risk assessments
- Completion of work pack procedural documentation
- Presenting all task variations to client & SAS base management prior to implementation
- Ensuring that all rope access technicians wear the correct PPE and rope access equipment provided for the works
- Communicating on an “exception” basis to base management with weekly task updates
- Reporting all accidents, incidents & near misses to the appropriate task authority & SAS base management in accordance with 30.2-PR-010.
- Following the company policies and procedures
- Ensuring that all rope access technicians under their responsibility follow the company policies and procedures
- Conducting weekly LOLER equipment checks.
- To be dressed, as required, to ensure the capability of rescue of any team member. This may be delegated to a qualified, capable team member.
- Ensuring security of rope access equipment and plant items out with normal working hours.
- Completion of IRATA Rope Access Category Hours
- Signing and verifying technicians IRATA Logbook entries
Requirements For Rope Access Team Leader with OPITO Level 2 Painting / Chartek:
At Stork we attach great value to the key competences of our employees. We expect you always give safety the highest priority and that you are strongly working together with others. You are a specialist in your area of expertise and you have a proactive and entrepreneurial attitude.
Specific Requirements For Rope Access Team Leader with OPITO Level 2 Painting / Chartek:
• Offshore experience leading RA team (three trip minimum)
• Experience using portable anchors
• Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• Motivated Team Member
• Good Housekeeping Standards
• Good Hazard Identification Skills
• Good level of fitness
• Working at Height module 2 (User)
• Microsoft Computing Course
Core Training Requirements
• OPITO Level 2
• Stork Core HSEQ Training
• IRATA Rope Access Level 3
• Experience on ropes within the last 6 months (evidence – IRATA log book)
• Task Based Risk Assessment
• Approved First Aid
• Portable anchor awareness (eg – Iron Wing Awareness)
• Health and Safety at Work Act/Working at Height Regulations
• Knowledge of IRATA ICOP & TACS
• Knowledge of Stork procedures
• Knowledge of Client procedures
Operatives Commitment To Safety Duties
- Carrying out and completing an onsite Task Based Risk Assessment to identify additional risks or hazards involved in the workscope prior to work commencing.
- Ensuring correct valid work permits and associated paper work are in place prior to work commencing.
- Attend onsite daily tool box talks and understand what the workscope involves and discuss any changes to the work or worksite.
- Ensure all plant & equipment has been fully safety checked and function tested prior to use.
- Carry out daily safety checklist on the worksite and stop work if any aspect is unsatisfactory As a minimum no work shall commence until satisfied all of the above is in place
- All Rope Access personnel will have knowledge and detailed understanding of legal requirements
- All personnel will understand the requirement of avoiding risk from falling objects
- All personnel will aim to control all hazards arising from the use of tools
- All personnel will maintain effective communication and fully understand the benefits of effective communication
- All personnel will understand the requirements of the control of objective hazards
- All personnel will be knowledgeable on the use and requirements of adequate exclusion zones
Stork is a dynamic, international and rapidly growing organization. We offer a highly competitive salary and an extensive package of fringe benefits. Next to this we attach great value to personal development of our employees and therefore offer a wide range of education programs and have a strong focus on accompaniment and knowledge sharing and transfer.
Hours: As per assignment
Contract: Ad-hoc commencing Wednesday 20th March
Stork, a Fluor company, is an expert provider of maintenance, modification and asset integrity services to the global oil and gas, chemicals and process, metals and mining, power, and manufacturing industries. We are dedicated to improving asset performance, safety and cost efficiency for our Clients throughout the complete asset life cycle.
With a team of 19,000 employees in over 100 countries, we serve more than 4,000 Clients across 6 continents.
Stork is dedicated to reducing risk, assuring safety and reducing environment impact through our award-winning value driven HSEQ platform; REACH Beyond Zero. Whilst safety will always remain our core value, the platform not only communicates on Safety but also on Health, Environmental and Quality issues too. We are committed to our transparent, employee-led approach to HSEQ.
Our culture and people:
As a knowledge-based integrity management company our people are our greatest asset. Our culture and shared values underpins everything we do. By caring for the development of our people, who are proud to contribute to Stork’s high performance culture, we provide a positive, dynamic and supportive working environment. In turn, this aids in the enhancement of our employees’ personal development as well as career opportunities and advancement. As part of our team we will strive to help you achieve your greatest potential.
- Deck Officer Jobs (58)
- Deck Rating Jobs (17)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (69)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (4)
- Catering Rating Jobs (26)
- Specialist Jobs (1)
- Other Maritime Jobs (72)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (26)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (0)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (10)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (16)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (0)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (0)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (0)
- Offshore Jobs (72)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (1)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (2)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (1)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (8)
- Other Offshore Jobs (60)