Job Description Structural Engineer with Stork:
The Structural Integrity Engineer is responsible for the safe and efficient execution of integrity engineering support and in particular, to work with the platform management team and onshore operation support team to monitor, review and improve the platform’s structural integrity management performance.
Organises and schedules activities and resources. Establishes work scopes and schedules, monitors time-scales and plans. Ability to co-ordinate with other functions to plan, monitor and control project activities and input project / asset plans in timely fashion.
Tasks And Responsibilities As Structural Engineer:
- Specifically to co-ordinate and provide input to integrity, inspection strategies, NDT, fitness for purpose assessments and risk-based inspection services relating to structures.
- Development and maintenance of SIMS.
- Development and maintenance of structural inspection maintenance Work Instructions.
- Ensure that all structural integrity inspection activities are scheduled in the client’s Maintenance Management System (e.g. Maximo, SAP).
- Overall technical assessment of each platform structure, using the results and assessments of each of the structural integrity management activities.
- Overall management of the structures weight control system, including liaison with holder of the asset structural models.
- Performance of periodic and annual Technical Integrity Assessment (TIA) of each of the Asset structures and preparation of a report thereof, and to regularly review modifications to the platform structures as requested by the client representatives and offering definition of structural maintenance and repair works as required.
- Assessment of structural Anomaly Reports.
Reporting & Compliance
- To support other personnel in their statutory and regulatory responsibilities, where appropriate. (For example, in the preparation of end of year reports, regulatory compliance documentation).
- To review KPI’s and ensure that these are achieved.
- Contribute to the development of quality standards and ensure regulatory requirements are achieved.
- Arrange periodic audits of the SIMS and associated SMS.
- Arrange and/or perform post-incident audits as required.
- Maintain a historical record of integrity related issues (Action Tracking).
- Attend & contribute to health and safety training and briefs.
- Assist in maintaining own and others’ health and safety.
- Contribute to a culture of HSEQ improvement.
- Support quality, efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Execute work safely and reliably and to a quality standard.
- Ensure you are adequately trained to carry out the job.
- Where appropriate; establish and monitor project team working methods.
- Follow appropriate protocols to ensure that the personnel selected for the scope of work are trained, qualified and competent to carry out the task.
- To support the provision of advice to projects on the training and competence assurance of the job.
- Where applicable; to support the company in the recruitment and development of a suitable and competent workforce.
- Attend pre-project briefs.
Requirements For Structural Engineer:
At Stork we attach great value to the key competences of our employees. We expect you always give safety the highest priority and that you are strongly working together with others. You are a specialist in your area of expertise and you have a proactive and entrepreneurial attitude.
Specific Requirements For Structural Engineer:
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering
- Knowledge and understanding of the technology used and processes required for the delivery of the integrity services.
- Knowledge and understanding of the processes and the operation of the equipment and /or systems that are area of responsibility for delivery of integrity services.
- Knowledge and understanding of any defects which may occur during the use of the equipment which may result in a failure or deficiencies in the operation of the equipment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the significance of deviations found with regards to the normal use of the equipment, learning within the discipline.
- Offshore travel? As required
Stork is a dynamic, international and rapidly growing organization. We offer a highly competitive salary and an extensive package of fringe benefits. Next to this we attach great value to personal development of our employees and therefore offer a wide range of education programs and have a strong focus on accompaniment and knowledge sharing and transfer.
Location: Dyce, Aberdeen
Hours: 40 hours per week
Stork, a Fluor company, is an expert provider of maintenance, modification and asset integrity services to the global oil and gas, chemicals and process, metals and mining, power, and manufacturing industries. We are dedicated to improving asset performance, safety and cost efficiency for our Clients throughout the complete asset life cycle.
With a team of 19,000 employees in over 100 countries, we serve more than 4,000 Clients across 6 continents.
Stork is dedicated to reducing risk, assuring safety and reducing environment impact through our award-winning value driven HSEQ platform; REACH Beyond Zero. Whilst safety will always remain our core value, the platform not only communicates on Safety but also on Health, Environmental and Quality issues too. We are committed to our transparent, employee-led approach to HSEQ.
Our culture and people:
As a knowledge-based integrity management company our people are our greatest asset. Our culture and shared values underpins everything we do. By caring for the development of our people, who are proud to contribute to Stork’s high performance culture, we provide a positive, dynamic and supportive working environment. In turn, this aids in the enhancement of our employees’ personal development as well as career opportunities and advancement. As part of our team we will strive to help you achieve your greatest potential.
- Deck Officer Jobs (71)
- Deck Rating Jobs (27)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (93)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (6)
- Catering Rating Jobs (23)
- Specialist Jobs (4)
- Other Maritime Jobs (95)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (31)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (0)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (7)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (19)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (2)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (1)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (1)
- Offshore Jobs (62)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (2)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (1)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (2)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (1)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (11)
- Other Offshore Jobs (41)