Bibby Hydromap are looking to recruit a Vessel Mate to act as a second in command to the Master, who will be responsible for the safe navigation of the vessel whilst at sea, and the maintenance of safety equipment on board.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the safe navigation of the vessel whilst on watch, in accordance with international regulations, the practice of good seamanship and Master’s and Company policies & procedures.
- To maintain a safe and effective watch whilst at sea and in port, in accordance with company and statutory requirements.
- To maintain charts and publications and perform GMDSS checks as instructed by the Master and records as per port state requirements.
- Responsible for the maintenance and inspection of all LSA and Firefighting equipment on board, in accordance with the ship’s Monthly Maintenance Schedule.
- To maintain and promote a culture of safety on board, conducting drills and exercises as per requirements, and preventing dangerous practices.
- To maintain the general upkeep of the vessel whilst at sea and alongside, assisting with any LSA, safety equipment, deck and Accommodation repairs and general maintenance tasks as required.
- Assist the Master with the up- keep, internal and external inspections and certification of lifting gear equipment as per LOLER;
- To conduct vessel induction as instructed by the Master.
- To act as Master backup as instructed by the Company or Master.
- STCW REG A-II/1 OOW Unlimited Certificate of Competency or RYA Yachtmaster Offshore 150 miles (Commercially endorsed)
- Minimum 2 years sea time whilst serving as OOW or above.
- Policy Manual
- Valid ENG1 (medical fitness certificate)
- Personal Survival Techniques (STCW Code – Table A-VI/1-1)
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (STCW Code – Table A-VI/1-2)
- Elementary First Aid (STCW Code – Table A-VI/1-3)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (STCW Code - Table A-VI/1-4)
- GMDSS General Operator’s Certificate
- Minimum 1 year DP1 vessel experience (desirable) and Experience with surveying vessel (desirable);
- Advanced Fire Fighting
- Proficiency in Security Awareness (as per 1st Jan 2017 for ISM Vessels)
- Medical Care on Board Ship (A-VI/4-1)
- Working knowledge of ISM, MARPOL, IMO, MCA requirements (MGN280 Small Workboat Code and periodic MCA documents), Classification Societies, Health & safety regulations and practice etc.
Key attributes and skills:
- The ability to work alongside and support the Master whilst at sea and in port.
- The ability to be solely in charge of a bridge watch whilst on passage and during survey operations.
- An excellent level of written and spoken English, and an ability to communicate effectively with all on board.
- The ability to maintain the vessel and ensure that it is run in a professional manner.
- Self-motivated and ability to work both alone, and alongside others, to ensure that tasks are completed promptly and correctly.
- The ability to maintain and promote safe practices on board the vessel, in accordance with requirements.
- Reliable and flexible.
- The ability to complete paper and computer based administrative duties.
Experience in the below software and systems would a desirable quality.
- Focal Point
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
Salary is based on 182 days with Company Pension and Private Healthcare package.
- Deck Officer Jobs (70)
- Deck Rating Jobs (20)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (71)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (5)
- Catering Rating Jobs (16)
- Specialist Jobs (2)
- Other Maritime Jobs (78)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (21)
- Offshore Jobs (77)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (3)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (2)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (2)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (6)
- Other Offshore Jobs (63)