Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Officer – Cruise
Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Officer
Contract: 10 weeks on/ 10 weeks off
Reports: to Captain
Officer: 3 stripes
The Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Officer reports directly to the Master with responsibility for oversight of and assisting with development of company occupational safety, environmental and public health policies, procedures, and systems onboard.
In addition to serving as the shipboard subject matter expert on HSE regulatory issues (including MARPOL, SOLAS, STCW, MLC, USPH and other Public Health Standards globally), the HSE Officer will serve as a support function for other shipboard departments to promote ship-wide internal and regulatory compliance and serve as the onboard Responsible Position for applicable plans and programs.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Maritime Industry, minimum of 2 years of on-board experience on an ultra-luxury Cruise Ship is preferred.
- HSE Related University/College education preferred or alternative extensive experience in the HSE field.
- Must also be familiar with the following:
- AMOS Requisitioning, Inventory & Planned Maintenance system; Safety Management System and overall intent of the International Safety Management Code (ISM);
- Actual Waste Landed (AWL) procedures and records; Environmental Ops Matrix ;
- Solid & Special Waste Disposal Procedures;
- Chemical Handling & Storage Guidelines;
- Logbooks & Ship Position Checks;
- Inspections & Action Logs;
- Engine Room Environmental Operations (Discharge Valves, OWS & White Box, MSD & AWP, Bilge Management, Exhaust Gas Boilers, Gravity Tanks, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of Water Balance Chemistry to be a resource for all positions involved in water treatment activities (Pools, Jacuzzis, Fountains, Cooling Water, Boiler Water, Preheat/Reheat Water, Hi-Fog Water, Potable Water)
- Intimate knowledge of Public Health regulation and preferably have participated in VSP training in the last 2 years.
- Must hold valid required STCW certification, including but not limited to:
- Excellent knowledge of computer Software, including: Windows, MS Office, AMOS, Premaster, and Fidelio.
- Must be able to speak and write in clear and concise English and be familiar with required technical terminology.
Navis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
The post Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Officer – Cruise appeared first on Navis Consulting.
- Deck Officer Jobs (70)
- Deck Rating Jobs (20)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (71)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (5)
- Catering Rating Jobs (16)
- Specialist Jobs (2)
- Other Maritime Jobs (78)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (21)
- Offshore Jobs (79)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (3)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (2)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (2)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (6)
- Other Offshore Jobs (65)