Multi Disciplined Blaster / Sprayer and NORM Operative (OR19003)
Job Description Multi Disciplined Blaster / Sprayer & NORM Operative with Stork:
The position held within Stork Environmental and Decontamination Services division is to be part of a multi-disciplined specialist cleaning crew, a Blaster/Sprayer Category 2 will work as part of a blasting/painting operative team carrying out all aspects of surface preparation and surface coating operations. Blaster/sprayer Category 2’s will consist of the following
Experienced personnel; must complete and pass Stork Trade Test – Minimum of 2 years’ experience in blasting and painting operations carry out all methods of surface preparation and hand application coatings.
We are looking for a self-motivated and able to work fulfilling the role of supervision with strong sense of team involvement, information sharing and mutual support. Work with a heightened awareness of HSEQ. The ability to challenge conventional methods of working and to examine options and possible solutions within reason prior to seeking advice from onshore project support.
An individual who consistently applies the highest standards when carrying out surface preparation and coating applications. Demonstrate high levels of motivation with an enthusiasm to share knowledge. Ability to develop new start crew members to enhance skills levels ensuring they can perform as part of a team.
Tasks And Responsibilities As Multi Disciplined Blaster / Sprayer & NORM Operative:
Minimum Task Achievement Requirements
- Contribute to health, safety and environmental quality
- Protect adjacent surfaces & the environment
- Setup, test, operate & maintain Surface preparation & painting equipment & other such equipment
- Degrease & prepare surfaces using power tools and abrasive blasting methods
- Carry out required quality control checks
- Application of coatings with brush, roller and or spray apply systems
- To carry out all work activities relating to NORM removal and disposal in accordance with the local rules.
- Ensure all cleaning activities using chemicals are carries out within COSHH regulations
Requirements For Multi Disciplined Blaster / Sprayer & NORM Operative:
At Stork we attach great value to the key competences of our employees. We expect you always give safety the highest priority and that you are strongly working together with others. You are a specialist in your area of expertise and you have a proactive and entrepreneurial attitude.
Specific Requirements For Multi Disciplined Blaster / Sprayer & NORM Operative:
- BOSIET / FOET
- OGUK Medical
- OPITO Blaster/Sprayer Competency Assessment
- NORM Awareness
- Complete Stork Trade Test – Minimum of 2 years’ experience in blasting and painting operations
- Water Jetting Association – Jetting Training
- Confined Space Entry including Emergency Rescue
- Face Fits – 3M 4255 / Sundstrom SR100 half mask
Skills, Understanding and Knowledge
- Surface Preparation and Coating Application
- COSHH and Material Safety Data Sheets
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Good Hazard Identification Skills
- Occupational Health – HAVs, Skin Surveillance and Respiratory
- Be actively involved and contribute to complete an onsite Task Based Risk Assessments which identifies additional risks or hazards involved in the workscope prior to work commencing.
- Ensuring correct valid permits and the associated paperwork is in place prior to work commencing.
- Carry out onsite daily toolbox talk to confirm all team members understand what the workscope involves.
- Client and Stork procedures, Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Stork Environmental and Decontamination Services processes and procedures.
- Quality, safety and environmental plans.
- Awareness everyone has authority to stop action likely to result in an accident, incident or serious loss.
Stork is a dynamic, international and rapidly growing organization. We offer a highly competitive salary and an extensive package of fringe benefits. Next to this we attach great value to personal development of our employees and therefore offer a wide range of education programs and have a strong focus on accompaniment and knowledge sharing and transfer.
Location: Various (Ad-hoc)
Hours: As per Assignment
Stork, a Fluor company, is an expert provider of maintenance, modification and asset integrity services to the global oil and gas, chemicals and process, metals and mining, power, and manufacturing industries. We are dedicated to improving asset performance, safety and cost efficiency for our Clients throughout the complete asset life cycle.
With a team of 19,000 employees in over 100 countries, we serve more than 4,000 Clients across 6 continents.
Stork is dedicated to reducing risk, assuring safety and reducing environment impact through our award-winning value driven HSEQ platform; REACH Beyond Zero. Whilst safety will always remain our core value, the platform not only communicates on Safety but also on Health, Environmental and Quality issues too. We are committed to our transparent, employee-led approach to HSEQ.
Our culture and people:
As a knowledge-based integrity management company our people are our greatest asset. Our culture and shared values underpins everything we do. By caring for the development of our people, who are proud to contribute to Stork’s high performance culture, we provide a positive, dynamic and supportive working environment. In turn, this aids in the enhancement of our employees’ personal development as well as career opportunities and advancement. As part of our team we will strive to help you achieve your greatest potential.
- Deck Officer Jobs (63)
- Deck Rating Jobs (26)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (84)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (11)
- Catering Rating Jobs (21)
- Specialist Jobs (4)
- Other Maritime Jobs (95)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (34)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (3)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (11)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (14)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (3)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (1)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (2)
- Offshore Jobs (63)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (2)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (3)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (7)
- Other Offshore Jobs (49)