NORM / Specialist Cleaning Operative (OR19005)
Job Description NORM / Specialist Cleaning Operative with Stork:
The position held within Stork Environmental and Decontamination Services division is to provide general and specialised support as part of a multi-disciplined specialist cleaning crew.
We are looking for a self-motivated and able to work with the minimum of supervision with strong sense of team involvement, information sharing and mutual support. Work with a heightened awareness of HS&E. Further requirements are the ability to communicate, represent and conduct him/herself in a professional manner when liaising with clients, fellow workers or other contractors on and off shift throughout the work cycle.
An individual who applies the highest standards, without compromise, to all activities or any other tasks required. Demonstrate high levels of motivation with an enthusiasm to be part of a team. The ability and enthusiasm to develop multi task skill levels. These skills based not only on strong traditional hands on technical abilities, but on the development, review and implementation of performance and efficiency measures including equipment and worksite activity during specialist cleaning operations.
Tasks And Responsibilities As NORM / Specialist Cleaning Operative:
Minimum Task Achievement Requirements
- To carry out completion of work under supervision.
- To carry out all work activities relating to NORM removal and disposal in accordance with the local rules.
- Ensuring that when working within controlled areas they have the correct radiation protection measures in place to restrict exposure to ionising radiations.
- To assist in and perform as part of a team during worksite establishment and maintenance.
- Ensure all cleaning activities using chemicals are carried out within COSHH regulations.
- Ensure that at the end of every shift the worksite is tidied removing all debris, rolling up hoses etc to leave the site in a safe and tidy condition.
- To inform the supervisor as soon as possible of any defects, broken or missing equipment.
- To be proactive in and fully assist as part of a team in all aspects of specialist cleaning projects.
- To be proactive in the rotational duties of the crew when carrying out UHP water jetting operations.
Requirements For NORM / Specialist Cleaning Operative:
At Stork we attach great value to the key competences of our employees. We expect you always give safety the highest priority and that you are strongly working together with others. You are a specialist in your area of expertise and you have a proactive and entrepreneurial attitude.
Specific Requirements For NORM / Specialist Cleaning Operative:
Core Training Requirements
- BOSIET / FOET
- OGUK Medical
- NORM Awareness
- Confined Space Entry
- Confined Space Entry including Emergency Rescue
- Water Jetting Association – Jetting Training
- Stork Core HSEQ Training
- Scott Panaseal Full Face Mask & SR100
Skills, Understanding and Knowledge
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Good Housekeeping Standards
- Motivated Team Member
- Good Hazard Identification Skills
- Ensure waste handling and transfer of all NORM contaminated material has been carried out following the correct procedures in accordance with local rules.
- Be involved and contribute to completing onsite task based risk assessments.
- Working under the correct valid permits and the associated paperwork is in place prior to work commencing.
- Involved in the daily toolbox talk and confirm that he/she understands what the work scope involves.
- As a minimum do not start work until satisfied all of the above is in place.
- Client and Stork procedures, Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Stork Environmental and Decontamination Services processes and procedures.
- Quality, safety and environmental plans.
- Awareness everyone has authority to stop action likely to result in an accident, incident or serious loss.
Stork is a dynamic, international and rapidly growing organization. We offer a highly competitive salary and an extensive package of fringe benefits. Next to this we attach great value to personal development of our employees and therefore offer a wide range of education programs and have a strong focus on accompaniment and knowledge sharing and transfer.
Location: Various (Ad-hoc)
Hours: As per Assignment
Stork, a Fluor company, is an expert provider of maintenance, modification and asset integrity services to the global oil and gas, chemicals and process, metals and mining, power, and manufacturing industries. We are dedicated to improving asset performance, safety and cost efficiency for our Clients throughout the complete asset life cycle.
With a team of 19,000 employees in over 100 countries, we serve more than 4,000 Clients across 6 continents.
Stork is dedicated to reducing risk, assuring safety and reducing environment impact through our award-winning value driven HSEQ platform; REACH Beyond Zero. Whilst safety will always remain our core value, the platform not only communicates on Safety but also on Health, Environmental and Quality issues too. We are committed to our transparent, employee-led approach to HSEQ.
Our culture and people:
As a knowledge-based integrity management company our people are our greatest asset. Our culture and shared values underpins everything we do. By caring for the development of our people, who are proud to contribute to Stork’s high performance culture, we provide a positive, dynamic and supportive working environment. In turn, this aids in the enhancement of our employees’ personal development as well as career opportunities and advancement. As part of our team we will strive to help you achieve your greatest potential.
- Deck Officer Jobs (58)
- Deck Rating Jobs (25)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (86)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (8)
- Catering Rating Jobs (26)
- Specialist Jobs (4)
- Other Maritime Jobs (64)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (27)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (0)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (6)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (16)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (2)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (1)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (2)
- Offshore Jobs (66)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (1)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (1)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (8)
- Other Offshore Jobs (55)