Radiation Protection Supervisor (NORM) (OR19006)
Job Description Radiation Protection Supervisor (NORM) with Stork:
The position held within Stork Environmental and Decontamination Services division is to supervise and ensure work is performed safely and completed to a very high standard in accordance with the local rules for NORM removal and disposal operations.
We are looking for a self-motivated and able to work fulfilling the role of supervision with strong sense of team involvement, information sharing and mutual support. Work with a heightened awareness of HSEQ. The ability to challenge conventional methods of working and to examine options and possible solutions within reason prior to seeking advice from onshore project support.
An individual who consistently applies the highest standards when supervising the removal, handling and disposal of all NORM contaminated waste generated during specialist cleaning operations. Demonstrate high levels of motivation with an enthusiasm to share knowledge. Ability to develop new start crew members to enhance skills levels ensuring they can perform as part of a team.
Tasks And Responsibilities As Radiation Protection Supervisor (NORM):
Minimum Task Achievement Requirements
- Ensuring all work carried out by Stork E&D department is performed in accordance with the Local Rules.
- Controlling and Supervising the activities of all persons whether or not Stork employees, who have reason to enter the controlled areas designated by the Stork E&D appointed RPS.
- Put in place and control all radiation protection measures, restricting exposure to ionising radiation.
- Ensuring that all Stork E&D employees working on location are fully instructed and supervised.
- Ensuring that safety devices, monitoring equipment and emergency tools are properly maintained.
- Implement contingency procedures in the event of an emergency, accident or incident involving ionising radiation.
Requirements For Radiation Protection Supervisor (NORM):
At Stork we attach great value to the key competences of our employees. We expect you always give safety the highest priority and that you are strongly working together with others. You are a specialist in your area of expertise and you have a proactive and entrepreneurial attitude.
Specific Requirements For Radiation Protection Supervisor (NORM):
Core Training Requirements
- BOSIET/FOET/OGUK Medical
- Radiation Protection Supervisor / Refresher
- NORM Awareness
- Confined Space Entry
- Confined Space Entry including Emergency Rescue
- Water Jetting Association – Jetting Trained
Skills, Understanding and Knowledge
- Supervisory Experience
- Motivated Team Member
- Good Hazard Identification Skills
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Good Housekeeping Standards
- IOSH Managing Safety
- Waste handling and transfer of all NORM contaminated material has been carried out following the correct procedures in accordance with local rules.
- Carry out and complete an onsite task based risk assessment which identifies additional risks or hazards.
- Ensuring correct valid permits and the associated paperwork is in place prior to work commencing.
- Carry out onsite daily toolbox talk to confirm all team members understand what the workscope involves.
- Client and Stork procedures, Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Stork Environmental and Decontamination Services processes and procedures.
- Quality, safety and environmental plans.
- Awareness everyone has authority to stop action likely to result in an accident, incident or serious loss.
Stork is a dynamic, international and rapidly growing organization. We offer a highly competitive salary and an extensive package of fringe benefits. Next to this we attach great value to personal development of our employees and therefore offer a wide range of education programs and have a strong focus on accompaniment and knowledge sharing and transfer.
Location: Various (Ad-hoc)
Hours: As per Assignment
Stork, a Fluor company, is an expert provider of maintenance, modification and asset integrity services to the global oil and gas, chemicals and process, metals and mining, power, and manufacturing industries. We are dedicated to improving asset performance, safety and cost efficiency for our Clients throughout the complete asset life cycle.
With a team of 19,000 employees in over 100 countries, we serve more than 4,000 Clients across 6 continents.
Stork is dedicated to reducing risk, assuring safety and reducing environment impact through our award-winning value driven HSEQ platform; REACH Beyond Zero. Whilst safety will always remain our core value, the platform not only communicates on Safety but also on Health, Environmental and Quality issues too. We are committed to our transparent, employee-led approach to HSEQ.
Our culture and people:
As a knowledge-based integrity management company our people are our greatest asset. Our culture and shared values underpins everything we do. By caring for the development of our people, who are proud to contribute to Stork’s high performance culture, we provide a positive, dynamic and supportive working environment. In turn, this aids in the enhancement of our employees’ personal development as well as career opportunities and advancement. As part of our team we will strive to help you achieve your greatest potential.
- Deck Officer Jobs (70)
- Deck Rating Jobs (20)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (71)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (5)
- Catering Rating Jobs (16)
- Specialist Jobs (2)
- Other Maritime Jobs (78)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (21)
- Offshore Jobs (79)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (3)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (2)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (2)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (6)
- Other Offshore Jobs (65)