Technical Assistant – Temp (HR19028)
Job Description Technical Assistant with Stork:
The role of the Technical Assistant is to support the growth of the business by providing the highest standards of technical and administration support on all Stork’s projects.
Tasks And Responsibilities As Technical Assistant:
- Ensure compliance with the Stork Quality & Environmental procedures.
- Comply with Stork Technical procedures.
- Support engineers in creation, writing, checking and issuance of workpacks and workscopes.
- Support engineers in the planning and prioritisation of work
- Provide, as required, clarification on NDT inspection techniques in order to meet integrity objectives
- Review inspection reports, isometrics, vessel general arrangements and P&D drawings
- Manage and report on the status of all in progress inspection, integrity and corrosion monitoring activities on installations.
- Support the process to maximise opportunistic inspection of vessels, plant and equipment.
- Use and development of in-house and client software systems in the application of integrity management schemes
- Process the results of survey, inspection, testing and monitoring activities.
- Maintenance and update of the Project specific databases (e.g. Maximo, ONE Tracking tools etc.,)
- Provide proactive support to the asset teams to ensure data quality is being maintained from source to close out.
- Be a proactive member of the team and have positive input to client relationships.
- Interact between on and offshore teams as project requires
- Attend pre-project briefs and regular team meetings as per management structure
- To review and update processes and procedures applicable to their area of authority.
- To create, review and update all processes and procedures.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all code, standards and regulations.
- Retain accurate records of work undertaken
- Assist in any tenders and audits
- Advise with data management improvement activities.
- Attend & contribute to health and safety training and briefs.
- Assist in maintaining own and others’ health and safety.
- Contribute to a culture of HSEQ improvement.
- Support quality, efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Execute work safely and reliably and to a quality standard.
- Ensure you are adequately trained to carry out the job.
Requirements For Technical Assistant:
At Stork we attach great value to the key competences of our employees. We expect you always give safety the highest priority and that you are strongly working together with others. You are a specialist in your area of expertise and you have a proactive and entrepreneurial attitude.
Specific Requirements For Technical Assistant:
- HNC or equivalent
- Effective planning and resource management
- Knowledge of Business Operating procedures, including those of interface functions
- Understanding of Maintenance in the offshore Oil and Gas Industry
- Computer literate
- Ability to support and coach other team members
Stork is a dynamic, international and rapidly growing organization. We offer a highly competitive salary and an extensive package of fringe benefits. Next to this we attach great value to personal development of our employees and therefore offer a wide range of education programs and have a strong focus on accompaniment and knowledge sharing and transfer.
Location: Dyce, Aberdeen
Hours: 40 hours per week
Contract: Temp until 27/12/2019
Stork, a Fluor company, is an expert provider of maintenance, modification and asset integrity services to the global oil and gas, chemicals and process, metals and mining, power, and manufacturing industries. We are dedicated to improving asset performance, safety and cost efficiency for our Clients throughout the complete asset life cycle.
With a team of 19,000 employees in over 100 countries, we serve more than 4,000 Clients across 6 continents.
Stork is dedicated to reducing risk, assuring safety and reducing environment impact through our award-winning value driven HSEQ platform; REACH Beyond Zero. Whilst safety will always remain our core value, the platform not only communicates on Safety but also on Health, Environmental and Quality issues too. We are committed to our transparent, employee-led approach to HSEQ.
Our culture and people:
As a knowledge-based integrity management company our people are our greatest asset. Our culture and shared values underpins everything we do. By caring for the development of our people, who are proud to contribute to Stork’s high performance culture, we provide a positive, dynamic and supportive working environment. In turn, this aids in the enhancement of our employees’ personal development as well as career opportunities and advancement. As part of our team we will strive to help you achieve your greatest potential.
- Deck Officer Jobs (60)
- Deck Rating Jobs (27)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (83)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (9)
- Catering Rating Jobs (25)
- Specialist Jobs (4)
- Other Maritime Jobs (59)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (24)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (0)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (4)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (16)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (1)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (1)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (2)
- Offshore Jobs (66)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (1)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (1)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (7)
- Other Offshore Jobs (52)