Rope Access NDT Lead – OR18060
Job Description Rope Access Lead – NDT:
The Lead Technician will report directly to the Senior Offshore Inspection Engineer while on-board the platform. The Lead Multi – disciplined NDT tech shall also be responsible for any Ad-hoc NDT Technicians and Advanced NDT Technicians that may come aboard their assigned platform. The Lead Technician shall report to the onshore Stork Project Manager on a weekly basis as a minimum with any relevant information and issues.
In addition to the NDT role the Lead technician will also act as the Level 3 rope access supervisor and will be responsible for site supervision and can demonstrate the skills and knowledge required of IRATA Levels 1, 2 and 3; is conversant with relevant work techniques and legislation; has a comprehensive knowledge of advanced rescue techniques; holds a current first aid certificate and has knowledge of the IRATA certification scheme.
Tasks and Responsibilities as Rope Access Lead – NDT:
Rope Access Lead
- Liaising with OIE.
- Site Supervision.
- Rope Access Supervisor.
- Compiling Inspection Reports.
- Compiling Daily Reports.
- Adhere with Client Safety Rules.
- Actively Participate in Safety initiatives and Safety Meetings.
- Maintain equipment at site.
- Attend PPB and Debriefs.
- Accept full accountability for work pack execution.
- Able to demonstrate the skills and knowledge required of IRATA Levels 1 & 2.
- Conversant with the relevant work techniques and legislation.
- Carrying out the Non Destructive Testing (NDT) in accordance with relevant regulations / legislation and approved company procedures.
- Performing NDT techniques in accordance with relevant specifications and company procedure.
- Interpret and evaluate results according to applicable standards, codes or specifications.
- Supporting and liaising with the clients.
- Attend and contribute to health and safety training and briefs.
- Assist in maintaining own and others’ health and safety.
- Contribute to a culture of HSEQ improvement.
- Support quality, efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Execute work safely and reliably and to a quality standard.
- Ensure you are adequately trained to carry out the job.
- Completing inspection reports.
- Compile accurate reports compliant with the appropriate standards and specifications.
- Provide information on risks and mitigation actions in general, and specifically with regards to occupational health.
Requirements for Rope Access Lead – NDT:
At Stork we attach great value to the key competences of our employees. We expect you always give safety the highest priority and that you are strongly working together with others. You are a specialist in your area of expertise and you have a proactive and entrepreneurial attitude.
Specific Requirements for Rope Access Lead – NDT:
- Minimum of 3 PCN Qualifications at Level 2:
- PCN Eddy Current
- PCN MPI
- PCN DPI/LPI
- PCN Level 2 UT 3.1 & 3.2
- PCN Level 2 Visual Testing
- PCN Level 2 Radiography
- IRATA Level 3 Safety Supervisor
- Has an extensive knowledge of advanced rigging and rescue techniques
- Holds appropriate and current first aid certificate
- Knowledge of the IRATA Certification scheme
- Can provide documentary evidence of completion of training and minimum on-the job experience, in level 2 standards in accordance with the syllabus content of CEN ISO/TR 21507 (1).
- RAD Assist training
- IR Medical
- Qualified or working towards an HND/Degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the offshore inspection industry
- Knowledge of Stork and/or client Business Management Systems
- Relevant industry experience
Stork is a dynamic, international and rapidly growing organization. We offer a highly competitive salary and an extensive package of fringe benefits. Next to this we attach great value to personal development of our employees and therefore offer a wide range of education programs and have a strong focus on accompaniment and knowledge sharing and transfer.
Hours: 84 hours per week
Contract: Various available
Stork, a Fluor company, is an expert provider of maintenance, modification and asset integrity services to the global oil and gas, chemicals and process, metals and mining, power, and manufacturing industries. We are dedicated to improving asset performance, safety and cost efficiency for our Clients throughout the complete asset life cycle.
With a team of 19,000 employees in over 100 countries, we serve more than 4,000 Clients across 6 continents.
Stork is dedicated to reducing risk, assuring safety and reducing environment impact through our award-winning value driven HSEQ platform; REACH Beyond Zero. Whilst safety will always remain our core value, the platform not only communicates on Safety but also on Health, Environmental and Quality issues too. We are committed to our transparent, employee-led approach to HSEQ.
Our culture and people:
As a knowledge-based integrity management company our people are our greatest asset. Our culture and shared values underpins everything we do. By caring for the development of our people, who are proud to contribute to Stork’s high performance culture, we provide a positive, dynamic and supportive working environment. In turn, this aids in the enhancement of our employees’ personal development as well as career opportunities and advancement. As part of our team we will strive to help you achieve your greatest potential.
- Deck Officer Jobs (63)
- Deck Rating Jobs (26)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (84)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (11)
- Catering Rating Jobs (21)
- Specialist Jobs (4)
- Other Maritime Jobs (95)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (34)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (3)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (11)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (14)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (3)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (1)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (2)
- Offshore Jobs (63)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (2)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (3)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (7)
- Other Offshore Jobs (49)