Naval Architect – Nailsworth or Fareham – Permanent – £Competitive
Naval Architect required for a fast-growing consultancy working on interesting and challenging projects. Our client is a leading independent consultancy specialising in Naval Architecture and Systems Engineering. This role could be based either at our head office in Nailsworth, Gloucestershire, or at our new office in Fareham, Hampshire.
We provide the following services:
- Whole-ship design including weight balance and hull optimisation.
- Concept design using the latest block building methodology developed for our military customers.
- Innovative engineering-led design with the ability to rapidly and accurately synthesise new designs and assess/optimise their performance.
- Seakeeping analysis and optimisation including stabiliser assessment
- Conduct and analysis of inclining experiments worldwide – highly professional and efficient team working both as assurers and conductors.
- SIB creation.
- Stability training for officers and stability support.
- One of only two Recognised Organisations allowed to oversee inclining experiments on behalf of the UK Ministry of Defence.
- Structural analysis including complex FEA and structural optimisation. Very good at proposing solutions for new or older ships having things added or changed.
- Emergency response.
- Towing analysis.
- Escape and Evacuation planning and analysis.
- Survivability and security against a range of threats.
- Re-design of existing platforms through close stakeholder engagement, discussion and design option studies.
- Design assurance through analysis and assessment of designs and proposals for improvements.
- Shipboard material state surveys.
- Due diligence for new owners taking on a ship, ensuring the ship is materially safe/suitable and assessing the steps necessary to bring the ship in line with good safety practice, Class and Flag requirements/legislation.
Qualifications and Attributes
- Have a good degree in Naval Architecture or Ship Science with at least two years’ post-graduate relevant experience.
- Be looking to achieve membership of RINA and Chartered Engineer status.
- Have strong interpersonal skills.
- Have experience of working on complex ships, submarines, warships or superyachts.
- Display excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Demonstrate good skills with a range of professional software tools including Paramarine, Seasafe, Strand 7, AutoCAD Inventor and Rhino. If you have limited experience in any of these tools, we will provide training, but prior experience is a positive.
The post Naval Architect appeared first on Navis Consulting.
- Deck Officer Jobs (70)
- Deck Rating Jobs (20)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (71)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (5)
- Catering Rating Jobs (16)
- Specialist Jobs (2)
- Other Maritime Jobs (78)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (21)
- Offshore Jobs (79)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (3)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (2)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (2)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (6)
- Other Offshore Jobs (65)