Marine Electrical Technician
Marine Electrician – Permanent – Gosport – £31,000 + On Call Allowance & Overtime
A great opportunity has become available for an experienced Marine Electrician to join a busy and long established local business.
Reporting to the Workshop Manager, the Electrical Technician is responsible for all new electrical installations; the maintenance of existing electrical/electronic installations and machinery/equipment both ashore and afloat.
- To be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of all electrical and electronic equipment, both ashore and afloat. To be conversant with the use of all safety equipment and the implementation of emergency procedures.
- Liaison with Boat Crews and Maintenance Staff regarding electrical installations on the ferries, pontoons and all Company premises.
- Responsible for ensuring that all electrical planned maintenance, including Personal Appliance Testing, is completed in a timely manner and recorded, as appropriate.
- Monitoring and controlling any electrical contractors, ensuring that all work is carried out in accordance with the required legislation and to a high professional standard.
- Reporting any technical defects, or incidents, which will or may lead to a vessel delay or jeopardise the operation or potentially cause injury to staff, passengers or third parties.
- Monitoring defects, carrying out fault finding, prioritising and ensuring a timely repair.
- Supporting crews in the safe operation and maintenance of the vessels as required.
- To promote the interests of the Company with regard to the environment and its protection.
Provide technical on call support as part of the maintenance team roster.
- Assist colleagues in any maintenance requirements, whether electrical, mechanical or fabric of the vessels / premises.
- To perform any other tasks and functions as may be assigned.
Qualifications/ Education Required:
City & Guilds 2357
Marine Electrical Systems to HNC level
Full clean UK driving licence
Must have proven experience of both marine and shore electrical installations and marine electronics.
Induction and familiarisation training with marine and shore facilities to be satisfactorily completed during the probationary employment period.
Navis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
Navis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
The post Marine Electrical Technician appeared first on Navis Consulting.
- Deck Officer Jobs (58)
- Deck Rating Jobs (25)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (86)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (8)
- Catering Rating Jobs (26)
- Specialist Jobs (4)
- Other Maritime Jobs (64)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (27)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (0)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (6)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (16)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (2)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (1)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (2)
- Offshore Jobs (66)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (1)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (1)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (8)
- Other Offshore Jobs (55)