Deputy Harbour Master (Safety Management) - Gravesend, UK
- December 5, 2018
- ARM Marine & Shipping
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs
- Vessel type:
- £60000 - £60000 Per Year
- Gravesend, Kent, England
- Location: Gravesend, Kent, England
- Salary: £60000 - £60000 Per Year
- Job type: Permanent
- Category: Technical Shipping
- Job Reference: 96667
- Posted on: 4 Dec 2018
Deputy Harbour Master (Safety Management) – Gravesend, UK – Permanent - £60,000 + excellent benefits
ARM is delighted to be the exclusive recruitment partner of the Port of London Authority in the search for a Deputy Harbour Master (Safety Management) to be based in Gravesend, UK.
Reporting to the Harbour Master, key responsibilities will include (but not limited to);
- Supporting the overall management and delivery of the PLA’s navigational Safety Management System (SMS) in support of the PLA’s compliance with the Port Marine Safety Code (PMSC.
- Co-ordinating and undertaking a program of internal audits to verify the PLA Safety Management System’s compliance with the PMSC and other relevant statutory obligations.
- Analysing trends and leading on the development of safety initiatives to ensure the port meets its targets as set out in the Marine Safety Plan.
- Conducting internal audits, benchmarking best practice and promoting the safety message.
- Deputising for the Harbour Master (Lower) when necessary.
The successful candidate needs to be confident chairing meetings such as hazard review panels, managing strong personalities and play an active part in the risk assessment and review process.
The successful individual will have sailed as a Master Mariner on board Deep Sea Vessels or a lesser STCW Certificate, with relevant experience or hold a UK national Harbour Master’s Certificate.
You will also have shore-based experience in an operational capacity in the marine or ports industry, including in particular with safety management systems.ARM are exclusively handling recruitment for this position, therefore please contact us in the first instance in order for your application to be considered.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on ships.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications
Mandatory STCW certificates are required from all applicants.
Please sign up for STCW courses and obtain the certificates if you don't have them yet.
- Deck Officer Jobs (70)
- Deck Rating Jobs (20)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (71)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (5)
- Catering Rating Jobs (16)
- Specialist Jobs (2)
- Other Maritime Jobs (78)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (20)
- Offshore Jobs (77)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (3)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (2)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (2)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (6)
- Other Offshore Jobs (63)