Diesel Mechanical Fittter – Offshore
Job Description Mechanical Fitter with Stork:
The position held within Stork Environmental and Decontamination Services division is to provide general and specialised support as part of a specialist cleaning crew mobilised for all specialist cleaning services provided. Also being responsible to ensure that plant and equipment is maintained on a regular and daily basis throughout the workscope duration, being a key member as part of the team to deliver an exceptional high standard of work.
Tasks And Responsibilities As Mechanical Fitter:
- To carry out all daily checks and maintenance required for running all equipment associated with-in the workscope i.e HP & UHP Jetting Units, air compressors, BA equipment, pumps, Diesel driven equipment
- Carry out regular plant and equipment visual safety inspections to ensure there are no faults or defects
- Complete defects report for any piece of equipment deemed broken or missing
- Carry out diesel fuelling on diesel driven equipment in conjunction with COSHH regulations.
- Carry out manifesting of all equipment on arrival and prior to departing from completed work scopes
- Inform the supervisor if a maintenance permit to work is required in order to carry out work outwith routine daily maintenance on equipment.
- Ensure all energy sources have been physically isolated prior to carrying out maintenance activities
- Carry out a visual check on team members about to commence work using High Pressure or Ultra High Pressure water Jetting Equipment in compliance with the water jetting associations safe code of practice.
- Shall only energise water jetting equipment when satisfied that all controls are in place to carry out and safely complete jetting operations specified on the permit to work.
- To be pro active in and fully assist as part of a team in all aspects of specialist cleaning workscopes including the roles of NORM/ Cleaning Operatives, this shall include general and specialist cleaning activities, removal and disposal of NORM waste and vessel internal furniture removal and replacement
- Proactive in the rotation duties of the crew carrying out UHP surface preparation within the vessel internal
Requirements For Mechanical Fitter:
At Stork we attach great value to the key competences of our employees. We expect you always give safety the highest priority and that you are strongly working together with others. You are a specialist in your area of expertise and you have a proactive and entrepreneurial attitude.
Specific Requirements For Mechanical Fitter:
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Motivated Team Member
- Good Housekeeping Standards
- Good Hazard Identification Skills
Core Training Requirements
- Confined Space Entry
- NORM Awareness
- Confined Space entry incl Emergency rescue
- Water Jetting Association – Jetting training
- 750 Compressor Trained
Stork is a dynamic, international and rapidly growing organization. We offer a highly competitive salary and an extensive package of fringe benefits. Next to this we attach great value to personal development of our employees and therefore offer a wide range of education programs and have a strong focus on accompaniment and knowledge sharing and transfer.
Hours & Contract: Ad-hoc
Stork, a Fluor company, is an expert provider of maintenance, modification and asset integrity services to the global oil and gas, chemicals and process, metals and mining, power, and manufacturing industries. We are dedicated to improving asset performance, safety and cost efficiency for our Clients throughout the complete asset life cycle.
With a team of 19,000 employees in over 100 countries, we serve more than 4,000 Clients across 6 continents.
Stork is dedicated to reducing risk, assuring safety and reducing environment impact through our award-winning value driven HSEQ platform; REACH Beyond Zero. Whilst safety will always remain our core value, the platform not only communicates on Safety but also on Health, Environmental and Quality issues too. We are committed to our transparent, employee-led approach to HSEQ.
Our culture and people:
As a knowledge-based integrity management company our people are our greatest asset. Our culture and shared values underpins everything we do. By caring for the development of our people, who are proud to contribute to Stork’s high performance culture, we provide a positive, dynamic and supportive working environment. In turn, this aids in the enhancement of our employees’ personal development as well as career opportunities and advancement. As part of our team we will strive to help you achieve your greatest potential.
- Deck Officer Jobs (47)
- Deck Rating Jobs (11)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (61)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (5)
- Catering Rating Jobs (16)
- Specialist Jobs (0)
- Other Maritime Jobs (79)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (33)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (0)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (7)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (22)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (1)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (0)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (3)
- Offshore Jobs (62)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (1)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (0)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (1)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (6)
- Other Offshore Jobs (53)